Looking for an accountability group

Options
Hello. I am looking to lose approx 20 pounds and I know I'm more likely to succeed if I have an accountability buddy. Can anyone recommend an accountability group that has a good track record? I've seen dozens of accountability groups that start off strong well but then seem to have fizzled out. Or if anyone is in the same boat and wants an accountability buddy, please feel free to add me as a friend or message me. Thank you.

Replies

• martina28
    martina28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi @Cocopops8 I am in here same boat; looking to loose about 20 pounds; fairly active but I give in in evenings when no one is watching and tiredness overtakes my will. Looking for the same group or group of people that helps to “keep an eye on”. If there is none we should start one😁
  • coryhart4389
    coryhart4389 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay motivated through the new year as a start. Start a group and I’m in.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi sweet people! I see you. @cocopops8, @martina28, and @coryhart4389.

One of the best groups to get started in for accountability and developing good habits is the Ultimate Accountability Challenge. It is a group that starts anew every month. Check it out here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141327-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2021

It is too late to start in the challenge for this month, but by following it you will be ready to go for October. That is only 10 days away!

Great bunch of people there, lots of wisdom to glean.

Otherwise, you can check on the Challenges section of the bulletin board to see if anything there might fit you. Lots to choose from.

Wishing you success.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    @LeeH31 Thank you for that tip. I am so new to the community here I am not even sure how to follow a group. I did go to the page for that group and clicked the star at the top of the page. Is that how you follow a group? Or is there a better way?
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @ideas2 that's exactly how you do it. Took me two weeks to figure it out! Duh🤦🏼‍♀️ And even though you are not in this month's challenge, you can still post comments and cheer on the rest of us. ;)

Welcome to the community!

Oh, the link for the October challenge is up.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141516-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2021
  • martina28
    martina28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks @LeeH31 ; I will look it up;)