19 year old looking for some weight loss buddies!

Options
My name is Hannah and I'm fairly new to the MFP website and community. Like the subject line says, I'm 19 and looking for others around my age group that are looking to make a positive change to their lifestyle (a few people willing to support each other over similar obstacles).

I'm an art major in college (aiming to get my B.S. Art Education K-12) and love drawing, painting, sculpting, crafting, makeup artistry...pretty much anything artsy!

I've been overweight throughout my entire life. Once or twice I have had the motivation to lose weight and get into shape, but I find that I often get comfortable once I get to my goal and rack the pounds right back on. It's harder for me to lose weight than others as I have IBS, depression/bipolar disorder, OCD/anxiety issues, and the metabolism of what appears to be an 80 year old woman... :tongue:

I am hoping that this website and the community will keep me on track towards success and motivate me to keep the pounds off once they start to gradually shed.

So....hello!
31405823592235445101367.jpg

Replies

• beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! :)
    It's awesome here and so are the people <3
  • lionsaults
    Options
    Hello! I'm also 19. Welcome to MFP, this is a great site. (:
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am 22 and trying to lose weight myself! Feel free to add me if you'd like a new friend :)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site! Feel free to add me
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 19 also. How tall are you/weight/goal weight? we look like we could be similar :smile: good luck!!
  • Hey im new too! im 21 and have battled with being over weight in my younger years. man kids can be mean!!
    you look like your doing great job, so keep up what ever your doing! im a good listener so keep in touch if you need a friend! :happy:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    can i just say, dang girl you are so freaking pretty! anyway you should add me, im a awesome friend lol
  • jminette
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    I feel so much better after this site. You'll like it. I didn't gain my weight til this past year, but I went through freshman year of college, and I was on an antidepressant known to cause weight gain. Getting off of it now.
    I'm 19, btw.I feel like we could relate quite a bit. Haha.
  • tn92
    tn92 Posts: 12
    Options
    Im 19 also. I gained most of my weight in the last yr thanks to being a freshmen in college. feel free to add me!
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Fellow 19 year old here! I'll send a request.
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 too! Feel free to friend me! In fact, anyone on this thread, feel free to friend me!
    Options
    Hello, I am also very into the arts. I am hoping to get into a private college in a few years, after completing some courses in community. Maybe we can chat about art sometime, and maybe weight loss. In my opinion, art is more fun, though. :>
  • Forneil
    Options
    Hey and Welcome! I'm 18 - Feel free to friend me!
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    twentyyyyy <3 I have some similar struggles like you...blehh sucks sometimes. I <3 art as well...I'm going to cosmetology school right now, but I used to do makeup art for a theater!
  • BreaghBalina
    Options
    Hey im new to this as well, and i love it so far...lets encourage each other to lose weight together and it will make all the difference...ps my name is Breagh
  • Abbyyyyyy
    Options
    I'm 19 toooo!! :) yay! add me!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    20 year old here. This is a great site, lots of people to help you out!
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! you'll find loads of support here, i'm 20 so friend request sent :)

good luck
    s
  • ElissaMcc
    Options
    i'm 18 and fairly new to the site too! feel free to add me!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Wanting to lose weight and be fit makes you cool in my books, so skip the line and join the cool kids inside

club-line.jpg