Share your progress charts!

Options
Seeing progress charts is so motivating for me! I especially love seeing how people overcome setbacks and plateaus and keep going anyway. Please feel free to share your progress charts here, no matter what they look like!

Here’s mine.

qsqt5uakemlu.jpeg

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    I don’t log increases. Ever. All flat spots in the graph are hiding an increase. Because weight loss is not linear.
    And I’m on the fast track because I really need to get the weight off now for medical reasons.

Anyhoo…. Here ‘tis…

qg0s1pzsogt4.jpeg
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    w1dfm06dx2my.png

Over a period of 10 years. Jojo indeed. This time, I'm trying to get there slowly and within a range instead of a fixed weight.

I have to say, I find it admirable you still logged your weight throughout. As I gained weight I simply stopped weighing myself, for 8 years, pure denial!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    w1dfm06dx2my.png

Over a period of 10 years. Jojo indeed. This time, I'm trying to get there slowly and within a range instead of a fixed weight.

I have to say, I find it admirable you still logged your weight throughout. As I gained weight I simply stopped weighing myself, for 8 years, pure denial!

Thanks @Lietchi . I am absolutely certain that if I didn't, I would have gone over 90 easily, as I started out 25 years ago around 92kg. All in all, it's a win: the peaks didn't go that high anymore, and in the process I've gained a lot of knowledge thanks to the boards here. This time round, I plan to stay between the blue and purple line for a long long time. 2kg to go ! :smile:
  • BendableButMendable
    BendableButMendable Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ya2z4aclmkgu.jpeg
    omq0rp3mby21.jpeg

Here are the charts from my journey. The trends look fairly smooth in part because I only weighed myself every two months or so. When I was heavier I found weighing pretty stressful so I didn’t do it very often and just trusted the process. I still only check my body fat % once a month since I’m lean enough now that it is slow to change, but I now weigh daily and record the weekly average.

The hump at the end of the weight loss chart is due to my transitioning to maintenance, which so far is going well.
  • BendableButMendable
    BendableButMendable Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You all have such nice, clean, relatively linear charts. Nice going! <3

Mine looks nothing like that :D I've been on MFP for 11+ years and my graph tells the tale of my adult life. It's messy and it has had its ups and downs.

It shows the gains and losses when finishing college, the ups and downs as I grappled with my first job in my profession (split shifts and overnights, ugh), the huge spike from the three years I spent miserable and depressed, living a thousand miles from family and friends and in a career I hated (luckily I had started lifting heavy before this, so not all the gain was fat), the loss after I got myself the *%!&! out of there, and the later, smaller gain from graduate school and the pandemic, and the subsequent loss of this regain.

It's not pretty and it's definitely not perfect, but what it does show is a decade+ commitment to health and fitness. My life is messy, but overall, I'm proud that while I may have lost control of my weight at times due to circumstances, I have always wrestled back that control.

“Success is falling nine times and getting up 10.”

Your story sounds very similar to mine. The first time I struggled with my weight was when I got stuck working a graveyard shift for ~5 years at a job I hated. After I left that job I lost the weight but gained it back, and more, when I really started to struggle with depression and anxiety.

Our stories differ in regards to grad school though. It’s still something I hope to do but I haven’t found the courage to make it happen.

I know from personal experience how hard it is to overcome those obstacles, you are right to be proud of yourself. Great job!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    inlaorz1by9q.jpeg. Slow but progress. I don’t weigh on regular basis.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    w1dfm06dx2my.png

Same. I stopped weighing myself when I was homeless for a couple years (long story) and just didn’t get back to it when I had my roof back. In retrospect that wasn’t a great choice.
    The increasing disability in the last ten years didn’t help me any either.

But. Here I am. Doing the thing. And that’s what counts now.
  • wornoutmamabear
    wornoutmamabear Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Adding an updated progress chart! Every time I think I’ve stopped losing, my weight starts going down. Keep it up, and don’t lose hope!

23i56ftrzpuh.jpeg
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how I can save and share my progress chart?
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Btw it’s so cool seeing everyone progress chart. Wtg!!!