anyone else start at 265?

Options
just looking for support from others. also have some depression and caregiving/doormat issues. but it's day 2 and so far so good - and it's been a long time since i've made it past day 1 in an attempt to lose weight.

sigh. guess today was a down day. on the plus side, i walked for 10 minutes on some pretty challenging hills and got some fruit and vegetables in along with 4 glasses of water. yay, me!:blushing:

Replies

• ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I actually started my journey at 262, and I'm down to 235. I believe I may also empathize with what you are looking for some support with, so feel free to send me a message on here if you ever need to talk!

Making it one day is awesome... life is best handled one day at a time! Take care!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Hope things get better.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    Yes, i started at 276....I am at 255 as of Tuesday. You can do this! If i can...you can. I have never made it this long on any diet! Feel free to add me if you wish. This site is one of the things that is REALLY helping me do this. There are so many wonderful, supportive people on here! good luck :)
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I started at 256! iam down 9 lbs... have been doing this for 40 days! Now that is a personal best for me! Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started at 260 :) You can definitely do this!!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I didn't start at 265 - wish I would have. Instead I started at 310, but I did go past 265 on my way back down. It can be hard, but it doesn't need to be complicated. Habit is everything. Ditch some bad ones and replace them with good ones. Then, when you don't have the strength, autopilot will at least help. There are several basic things that will almost guarantee that you will experience a significant amount of success. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • tatertotconey
    Options
    i am starting at 270 been doin this for 2 days love it so far...:flowerforyou:
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and started at 273 and am now at 221. Feel free to add me if you'd like. =]
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I started at 268 and now am 151.......took time of course but you can do this!
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I started at 276, down to 239, welcome ^.^
  • Same here. I started my new programme about a week ago and it's good to people trying to come down from a similar weight. The first 3 days are tough then thing's start to get easier.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to make a change! My high weight was 347 pounds and I can tell you, you can do this! So today is day 2 and you are doing great - this forum will be tremendously helpful to you!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! After decades ( actually 1/2 a century 0MG!) of dieting I really think that small " changes I can live with" are the way to go. The gung-ho, all out assault thing only lasts a short time. Then the Poor me thing, or the Too Hard to Keep Up thing crops up and you are back to square one. More fruits and veggies and a some exercise is a terrific beginning. I keep a gym log just to remind myself how far I have come. All the way from the staff not letting me on the treadmill because I was so weak and disabled ( I have severe arthritis) to walking 2 miles! All the way from .5 mph to 2.4 mph. All the way from a leg extension machine with NO weight on it to 37.5 pounds. A book I read called it " The power of one good habit". You can do it!! One day, one change at a time! Hooray and good luck. We are cheering for you!!