I promise not to give up

Options
Let the journey begin!!! I would love to have a variety of pals to travel on this journey with me.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Well, all right then. Let’s put your money where your mouth is!

Welcome to MFP.

What’s your goal? How can we help you get there?
  • mytempleisloved
    mytempleisloved Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Both of you guys look really good in your photos. I'm starting again. First started in May. Fell off. Starting again today. With Help and ONLY WITH HELP will I be able to do this. Need an accountability partner so I'm going to respond to some of the other post as well. I promise not to give up too. I'm 63 years old and severely obese and need to move. So good luck to you and me too.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Both of you guys look really good in your photos. I'm starting again. First started in May. Fell off. Starting again today. With Help and ONLY WITH HELP will I be able to do this. Need an accountability partner so I'm going to respond to some of the other post as well. I promise not to give up too. I'm 63 years old and severely obese and need to move. So good luck to you and me too.

Temple, I started three years ago at 56. Thanks for saying I look good in my photo, but it wasn’t always so. I did yoga but not very well. I had not run since the Presidents test back in tha day, and certainly never did weights before. Walking was what kickstarted me.

I post this photo not to brag, but to hopefully inspire and give you a kick in the seat.

I doubt anyone here has ever found an “accountability partner”here who’s kept them in line. Tbh it seems to be kind of a pipe dream. But what has worked for me is treating this entire group as partners. If you take the time to read the boards every day, you are going to learn so much, learn what’s a diet myth and what really works, and get so much encouragement, it’s like have a giant team at your back.

I’ve got some fun friends on my private feed (90% of people will never bother to post though) but the best of the best is shared on these public boards.

You’ve got to make a decision. “Am I tired of this? Have I had enough?” and put the effort forth into following through, buying that scale, kicking that candy out the door.

Btw, my diary is open but it is all over the place this past week or so, due to an insignificant (thank God we got vaccinated !!!) covid infection. It really messes with your appetite. Don’t want to eat one day, hungry the next, rinse repeat. You sure won’t find any exercise the past week either. I cannot WAIT to out this needlework down and get back out of the house again!

axzg4h1l0gdg.jpeg
  • Naturalrose77
    Naturalrose77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to reply to an individual post yet. But @springlering62 , Thank you for the encouragement. And @mytempleisloved, I'm here for you.