New here, in need of supportive new friends

Options
Hi everybody! Am new to this app so thought I'd give this a try. So how about a warm welcome? Lol I used to not have troubles with fitness or Heath until after a car accident, that injured my neck and shoulder so kind of dampered my mood and motivation. I'm excited to get back into it and start again, just needing some new and supportive friends, ready to start this journey at start of a new year, feel free to send me a shout and add me! Look forward to hearing from you all! And wish you all the best of health!

Replies

• errickr
    errickr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Having a lot of support will definitely help you on your fitness journey.
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Am new to this app so thought I'd give this a try. So how about a warm welcome? Lol I used to not have troubles with fitness or Heath until after a car accident, that injured my neck and shoulder so kind of dampered my mood and motivation. I'm excited to get back into it and start again, just needing some new and supportive friends, ready to start this journey at start of a new year, feel free to send me a shout and add me! Look forward to hearing from you all! And wish you all the best of health!

@ActivateBeast , injuries can not only hurt the body, but mess with the mind. At 64 I have dealt with many, thought not as serious as yours. I will send you a friend request

• ActivateBeast
    ActivateBeast Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you @ Errickr, appreciate your support man!

@ Rick_1953, yes injuries can be a motivation killer at times, definitely sucks especially when I'm used to doing Martial Arts, and having to modify my form, workout position to avoid further injury. But in a sense, the injury is also kind of boost for motivation too
  • ActivateBeast
    Options
    Send me some requests guys and gals. Need some friends here :)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Request sent! Don't wait until the new year, start now. I am terrified of injuries. I was walking and going to the gym when one day i went to throw an apple core over the fence and was met with intense pain. I stopped lifting and started running and actually started enjoying it. About twice a year I will catch a toe and wipe out. So far I only get scuffed up but it scares me to think about not being able to run. I have put twenty five pounds back on so I guess I am struggling with this but with any luck I can do it again.
  • ActivateBeast
    Options
    Injuries can be definite downers, am not terrified of them but definitely not fond of having them either. I used to love running, especially when playing Football, or Basketball! Hitting the iron, feels great to as I enjoy the burn from it.

As an Exomorph, never had much trouble with weight until reaching my late 20s, it began to slow down, which eating habits weren't the best either so that was biggest issue, total hardgainer!
    I'm shedding some weight off now, before I begin bulking up
  • grittygrindfitness
    Options

sorry to hear about your accident! I'm all about strength and lifting to get stronger but yoga might be a great way to prep your body
  • WendyJoy76
    WendyJoy76 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    good luck ActivateBeast :) exercise smart, and eat healthy and you will get to where you want to be!! :)
  • korzaKRS16
    korzaKRS16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,looking for fitness mates, ex kickboxer now powerlifter,add me.names korey
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,655 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ... You are welcome to add me .... Wishing you much success :)