Hi *** waves *** new to FitnessPal

Options
Hi there

My name is Nicci and I'm new to fitnesspal and I must say I am loving it... (for now :-) )

Finding it very interesting tracking exactly what I am eating and drinking etc... although I am a bit frustrated trying to eat all my daily calorie requirements.... espcially when the exrecise then gives you an extra calorie allowance...

I am from Johannesburg, South Africa and have 10 kgs that i would love to say goodbye to forever... :-)

Replies

• cherryObebe
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am new too. I am really liking it! Good luck to you!
  • eh613c
    eh613c Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've been here for about a month and it's helped me quite a bit.
  • BanderaOutlaw
    Options
    Welcome Nicci! You're in the right place to get to your fitness goals. This site and community has been a wonder for me, helped me break years of consistent failure to "stick with it."

It's enlightening to see how the composition of your meals affects your nutrition, very educational, and very useful of course. I found out that the biscuits at the fried chicken restaurant next door to my office have more calories and carbs than the fried chicken itself! So even when I break down and eat what I shouldn't, I'm able to make smarter choices.

Best of luck! We're all here for you. :-)
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Hi Nicci! Welcome! I've been here for nearly a year, and I love it. I hope you get out of it as much as I have. Good luck in your journey to good health -- and if you need a friend, just give me a shout!

Lucy :)
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a pal!
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    good luck goonygugu, I have lost 5kgs so far (5 - 6 weeks) on my journey and I hope it works for you too. Feel free to add me as a pal if you like

All the best!
  • treenzdreamz
    treenzdreamz Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm also new joined up here a while back but have only started tracking this week and doing the excercise thing I wanna loose 10kgs and find trying use my calories up hard as well seems way too much.. I think yay have calories left i can have a wine with dinner..Need to get out of this thinking and have just swapped to a 1200 calorie a day limit
  • tyem1
    tyem1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Nicci

I have only recently joined up too and I am loving it (it does change day to day) but today has been great!! Feel free to add me if you would like!! I am have said my plan is to lose 50kgs but I would be happy with 40 (if I lost 50 I would be the lightest I have ever been).

Anyway good luck with it all!!
  • missduffbug
    Options
    Hi Nicci

Welcome! This site has honestly changed my life. I watch what I eat and it doesn't feel like a diet.... and the support is AMAZING!!!
    You'll love it, you really will. I've sent a friend request xx
  • krystalrose07
    Options
    Welcome!!! I've only been using this site for 6 days and I'm pretty excited about it. I've told all my friends about it and several have joined. Even got my hubby to join!!!! I've noticed a lot of people do things differently on here and you'll find what works for you. For me I was getting confused when logging my exercise so that's the last thing I do at the end of the day. Then it helps me keep within my daily count. If I gain any from exercise and want to use them in the week then I can without messing up the whole week.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi there

My name is Nicci and I'm new to fitnesspal and I must say I am loving it... (for now :-) )

Finding it very interesting tracking exactly what I am eating and drinking etc... although I am a bit frustrated trying to eat all my daily calorie requirements.... espcially when the exrecise then gives you an extra calorie allowance...

I am from Johannesburg, South Africa and have 10 kgs that i would love to say goodbye to forever... :-)
    Welcome to the site!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am new too. I am really liking it! Good luck to you!
    Welcome to the site for you too!