Day 1......And I fell off the wagon =(

Options
Well yesterday was Day 1 and i fell off the wagon and ate chocolate. Half an hour later i got on my exercise machine and burned it off but still........ I couldn't go 1 day without bad food!!! I don't have much to lose just the remaining 10lbs from having my last child 14 months ago. But at this rate its never going to come off. Please tell me i still can have hope?!?!?! Im a real foodie and i love food so i know its going to be tough :frown:

Replies

• rebeccastringer
    Options
    Hey there! Of course there is still hope! Many people fall of the wagon, you just have to accept its happened then jump back in! As long as your mindful of it when it happens you will be fine :)
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I try to find alternatives to the things I crave. For chocolate I just get 85% dark as an example. I get less cravings if I stuff myself on the correct foods :p
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    There are no bad foods only bad diets. MFP is not presciptive about what foods you should and shouldn't have. You decide. The only thing you need to do is keep the calories at or under your limit by eating less or exercising more. Sounds like you went with plan B, so what wagon did you fall off?
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should look at ways to include your favourite foods in your diet, rather than excluding them so you feel deprived? That way you stand more of a chance of maintaining your new healthy lifestyle once you lose those lbs too. So yes, there still is hope, but beating yourself up for liking food is only going to make you feel bad. Try planning out your meals, so you know you can have a small piece of chocolate, or something else that you love, without going over your calories.
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat rubbish nearly everyday like cookies or chocolate but I'm still losing weight. If you need chocolate then buy a kiddies chocolate bar like a freddo (95 calories) or a curly wurly (115 calories)

=)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    It's ok.....I sometimes have a chocolate bar of some sort.......I allow it in my daily calorie ration.......

I don't actually crave sweets anymore......Not since I started taking apple cider vinegar....
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I think you need to read this post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/343578-setting-yourself-up-to-fail

And don't be so hard on yourself
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should look at ways to include your favourite foods in your diet, rather than excluding them so you feel deprived? That way you stand more of a chance of maintaining your new healthy lifestyle once you lose those lbs too. So yes, there still is hope, but beating yourself up for liking food is only going to make you feel bad. Try planning out your meals, so you know you can have a small piece of chocolate, or something else that you love, without going over your calories.

I agree with this 100% as it has helped me succeed, more than other times in the past! If you can control portion sizes, have some lindt balls on hand for those moments and log them (even ahead of time) in so they'll be counted... you can do it! If I could not have worked in my cravings of lobster, fried clams or ice cream this summer, I'd have given up a long time ago!! *Granted they were well planned for and separated out but I did and still lost weight almost every week! There is no wagon, just do things a little differently than what you used to do... good luck! It'll feel like a really nice treat :)
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    if you treat this like a "diet", then yeah you're going to fall off the wagon... a lot.

Make this your LIFESTYLE and you can find ways to fit in your chocolate or whatever you want. MODERATION always wins. I eat a treat pretty much everyday, I just make sure it fits with my day and my calories. Sometimes I'll eat 2 treats (1 after lunch, 1 after dinner). It's all about willpower. Don't eat 5 pieces of chocolate, eat 1.

good luck :)
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It's about changing your lifestyle. You think skinny people never eat chocolate? Eat like them and not give up everything. Just don't have as much as often.