I'm starting Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 15/09, please joi

Options
'Fear leaving the body' is my favourite Jillian quote and I have started my first day of the 30 day shred. I have seen so many great results from her program and decided it's time I try it for myself
I plan to start the 'Ripped in 30 days' straight after too
I haven't decided whether I will take 1 day break / week or not and would welcome your views
Please join me and we can encourage each other and share our successes every week
Feel free to add me the more the merrier
xx

Replies

• elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hei Ramitta!
    I would like to join you.
    I've started the shred already in june, but couldn't finish it due to time issues - I know it sounds like an excuse, but I don't think my neighbour would have been happy about shredding at night.

So I'll start it over today, to tone my body :)

lisa

btw: I've got almost the same goals and cw as you do
  • kat2307
    kat2307 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hiya :-)

yay...I am just about to start 30DS today as well and it would be awesome to do it together!!
    I am in awe what results many have seen by doing it and can't wait to see the first small results too :-))

As I currently only have Ri30 and am waiting for my 30DS DVD to arrive, I might do Level 1 of Ri30 for a few days.
    But I am planning on taking 2 days a week off...maybe I should aim for 1 day off instead...hmmm

What do you think? Any people who have done 30DS and can help me by sharing their experience whether it makes a biggish diefference whether you do 5 or 6 days a week?

• mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'll try and find my dvd tonight and join you. I did it earlier this year, and got some great results losing inches everywhere apart from my arms :ohwell:

Add me as a friend if you wish.
  • hannah1591
    hannah1591 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting this tonight or tomorrow morning! Just got the dvd yesterday and watched Level 1 last night, I am scared!! Haha!
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started the shred yesterday and today is my day off lol! I also cycle to work and back, 12 miles total usually 5 days a week and i try run 3 days too. I will be doing the shred but I will have at least 2 days off a week i think! I've done levels one and two already.

If it is your only exercise then it is ok to do everyday, althought the muscle groups are the same everyday so you could try doing 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 etc if your muscles hurt. After day 4 it gets better.

Good luck everyone!!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I've been toying with the shred since I got hold of a copy. Happy to make a go of doing it daily. Exceptions for me, if my muscles are still sore from the shred the day before, I will take a break. If I have work on a particular day, use my bike to get there and burn a bunch of energy on the job then maybe that can be justification to not shred also (perhaps I can try and time those work days with my rest days, from what I've been reading, there should be one at least in a 7 day period).

40 minutes till I have to leave, going to shred, right now! :-D
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just started this yesterday, so I'm in! Muscles are killing me today, but I'm going to do it anyway. See how I feel about tomorrow when it's here!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Yeow! Stomach hates me.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too!

I started yesterday, so today will be my second day.
  • EmsyB78
    EmsyB78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'll play! Picking my DVD up from my mother-in-law tonigth who has had it for a couple of months. I'm doing a boxercise class tonight so I'll have to start mine tomorrow...Game on!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I'm on day five, but if it's okay I'd like to join in.
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Completed day 1 today and still feel quite good, so hope won't feel sore tomorrow.

I'm not sure how I am going to do it with the day off, but probably Sunday will be my day off.

How have you all been doing?

btw: feel free to add me
  • Ramitta
    Ramitta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello all lovely ladies, so great to have so many gorgeoes ladies encouraging each other on this journey,
    I think the common consensus is we will take a day or two break, that actually works for me because I can go to the gym and do a bit of rowing or running
    Good luck
    xx
  • dreamjo
    dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Starting today too and nervous! I am waiting on the DVD to come in but the first two levels are on demand on my cable service. I was excited because last night I found the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred kit for 12 bucks at Ross! It had the matt and the weights. I needed a matt anyway and this was even cheaper than the matts by themselves. I was excited. :)

Glad I have others starting it too!

Feel free to add me :)
  • ecbutter
    Options
    I actually started last night so I am in! Yeah someone to do it with!
  • kat2307
    kat2307 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Whoa, as I started yesterday as well, it was SO hard to do 30DS tonight!

The next few days will be a challenge, as I will be at a BBQ party tomorrow and at my mum's 70th B-Day on Saturday.
    Both events will certainly have PLENTY of foods on offer I should not eat...I am a little afraid and it will be hard to do the 30DS workout.
  • pourmasanté107
    Options
    I started it today too! I'm already feeling it in my butt... haha. I took some 'before' pictures... hooboy. Hah. I hope this works!
  • mamaliz1013
    Options
    Yay I just started it today too! I feel like jello. We can do it together!! My goals are about the same as yours too. GOOD LUCK!
  • dreamjo
    dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Started it tonight and have been resting for about 10 minutes now after finishing it. It was way harder than I thought. I didn't realize that I was so out of shape that I get out of breath even doing jumping jacks. I followed the lower impact modified woman in the dvd but still had to push myself pretty hard to even do that. Even feel a little shaky. It's been so long since I've worked out, this is what i get I guess lol.

Anyone else also feeling out of breath when finished and like mush afterwards?

I bet tomorrow is going to feel GREAT /end of sarcasm ;)

We can do this!