I am One!

Options
One year ago today I made the first step to losing weight. I've not been consistant, I've not got numbers that will make me a world record holder but I've learnt loads, put an eating disorder to bed, rediscovered the competitive me, and am so much happier.

So 44 lbs and 365 days later this is me.

ETA: fixed the pictures :)

photo1andphoto7front-1.jpg

photo1andphoto7-1.jpg

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look great. Keep up the good work!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    you look brilliant becks. Well done!! xx
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Amazing job .. congratulations gurl!
  • seashell5
    Options
    new goal time - imagin what you will look like this time next year, well done thats amazing u look fab xx
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - what an accomplishment!
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    Well done Becks x
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Way to go!
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    wow well done!! Curious to know about the eating disorder side of things, were you a yo-yo dieter/binge eater/ etc etc, and how that change came about.xx
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    wow well done!! Curious to know about the eating disorder side of things, were you a yo-yo dieter/binge eater/ etc etc, and how that change came about.xx

I was bulimic/anorexic as a teen, hospitalised for months, then I became a secret binge eater, then less secret. The only way I've been able to make significant change is that the 9 months leading up to starting to diet and live healthier I started to sort out my head, made some big changes in my life and the things and people that were making me unhappy. Figured out a way to be happy at 285lbs and THEN started worrying about my weight. I have fallen off a lot of times over the last 12 months but I've always stopped it quickly and sorted myself out. I find exercise helps me a lot and I found parts of my personality I'd buried as a teen and I'm 29 now!

I now have self esteem at any weight but I'm happier and healthier than I was then.

Like someone up there said, I'm setting new goals, I want to see what I can achieve by NYE, then by my holiday in Feb next year, then this time next year. I hope to beat my weight loss this year.
  • Eatone1
    Eatone1 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think you should be very proud that you are here a year later to share your pictures. Many people have a hard time committing to anything for a year. Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!