Vegetarian Protein Help

Options
caygirl345
caygirl345 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2021 in Food and Nutrition
I am 5’2” 125lbs
Trying to up my protein and finding it difficult as I don’t eat meat, seafood yes but don’t like to have it everyday. I also am not a big fan of soy products like fake meat.,,,

Currently I’m always short protein amd my carbs are always at max.

Aiming 147 protein- 105 carb-47 fat

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• caygirl345
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Also i am aiming for 140 Protein /105 carb /47 fat
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Since you will eat seafood, possibly you also are willing to eat eggs and dairy products (cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, cheese at whatever fat % suits your taste and nutrition goals).

Beans, tempeh, tofu (not sure if "soy products like fake meat" includes soy products that aren't fake meat).

Protein powder

Grains, nuts, seeds, veggies can all contribute as well.
  • caygirl345
    Options
    Thank you, yes eating all that already , appreciate
  • Syko7s
    Syko7s Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Really, so little fat? Not a lot of play for nuts and healthier oils. Pea protein isolate is a good choice, some are higher carb so double check. NAKED brand is 0g fat 27g pro and 2g carb per serving
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    caygirl345 wrote: »
    Also i am aiming for 140 Protein /105 carb /47 fat

Looks like your protein is at 41%, which is unnecessarily high.

As mentioned above, here's a reputable protein calculator:

https://examine.com/nutrition/protein-intake-calculator/

I shoot for @ 500 calories of exercise per day, and when I do, using the MFP default of 20% protein aligns with the protein recommendation from examine. If I were completely sedentary, I'd need to bump it up to 30%.

Depending on how active you are, slide 11-21% of your protein to carbs and enjoy!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Syko7s wrote: »
    Really, so little fat? Not a lot of play for nuts and healthier oils. Pea protein isolate is a good choice, some are higher carb so double check. NAKED brand is 0g fat 27g pro and 2g carb per serving

It's 30% fat, which is entirely reasonable.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Less well known sources of vegetarian protein are quorn (fungus), tempeh (Indonesian fermented tofu, but taste ane texture nothing like tofu), and seitan (wheat gluten).
  • VGNCop
    VGNCop Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im vegan and im using TPW Vegan Wondershake or TPW diet vegan protein shake, both come in some pretty awesome flavours.

Food wise i eat mainly tofu because I'm not a huge fan of processed fake meat alternatives either. Seitan is good if you know what your'e doing and it does take quite a bit of experimentation to get what your'e after taste and texture wise, i tend to avoid it though because it bloats me alot.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Ask others have said, you're struggling because that's a pretty high protein goal. There's nothing wrong with it, but if youre preferred style of eating won't allow you to get that much, I wouldn't worry about it. How many grams are you typically getting?