Starting my journey today at 255lbs

Options
My name is Ted. I currently work on a ship in Singapore until November. My goal is to get to 230 by the time I leave Singapore. My biggest issue has been eating right and staying away from soda. I am open to any advise anyone has. Thanks

Replies

• nsteffens
    nsteffens Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ted you have made a great first step! Realizing that a change is necessary to live a long and healthy life.

This stie has been great for me. Good luck!
  • xsophiedollx
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • g8rlex
    g8rlex Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you can do it! I started at 278 just over a year ago. My husband used to be a big regular coke drinker but switched to Coke Zero and now he drinks nothing but Zero. Try that and see how that goes. MFP has definitely helped me make better food choices, especially at restaurants. Make sure you're also exercising. Good luck!
  • lauraemthomson
    lauraemthomson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on joining MFP :o) A few tips.... add friends and excercise lots! good luck

3932259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you've made the first step. Add me as a friend if you want
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    good luck on your weight loss journey ted the only advise i have is get lots of friends on here you can never have too many and the support system is great from them x add me if you like x
  • Les_Lamb57
    Les_Lamb57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ..add me too - more friends the better.
    Several times I have lost lots of weight and put it all back on. Determined this time to make a life style change by doing more excersise (bicycle) to try to keep if off.
    I found it rearly helps to login to MFP each day and enter your data. Good luck.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! If you need any help dont hesitate to ask!