On a mission....lose 85 pounds!

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Brooke, and I am on a mission to lose weight - well, when you see my profile, you'll see why. Ladies, I'll probably ruffle some feathers, but I'm willing to bet 20 bucks if you ask the fellas they'll tell you the same thing (at least most of them). Anyway,,, my intentions on this website, is to make friends and encourage others as they go through their journey, and any encouragement from you is more than welcome.

I started working out last Tuesday, going to the gym Monday - Friday at 5AM. I'm still doing this to date, and it seems to be working for me, I come straight home, take a shower and go to work. Also, there isn't a crowd, so no waiting around for someone to get done with the machine lol.

Prior to getting on the fitness plan, I was eating fast food every day, for every meal. that is my biggest issue, and the first thing I eliminated (well I still make a stop once in a while, but make healthier choices). I've also stopped eating red meat, trying to work my way towards being a vegetarian. Other than that, I have been making it a point to eat at home more often.

My weight loss plan is pretty simple, lose 2 pounds per week. I am weighing myself everyday because I'm using a line chart to measure my progress, so I want to see a line of progression going down over the next few months. I estimate if I lose 2 pounds a week it will take me 42 weeks reach the goal of course, there's gonna be bumps in the road ahead, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

So good luck to all of you on your journey, I enjoy reading your posts, and your progress :-)

Replies

• blondi28
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!
  • missalicia78
    Options
    Go girl! I have about 60 lbs to lose. I just climbed back on the wagon (stupid stress, stupid weekends off, stupid get-togethers with food and alcohol...haha) and am buckling down to get on track. My goal is set at 1 1/2 lb/week just to get myself back in the groove. I plan on bumping down to 1 lb/week in about a week or two, then possibly back up.
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!!! You can do it!
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You found the right website for encouragement! Good luck in your journey!
  • LolaLUX
    Options
    Glad to have a friend on board! I stopped using this app for a while but now I will try to get back into the game. I have been eating healthier & working out sometimes, but not seeing any results. Looking forward to seeing you 85 lbs. smaller! :)
  • Tallishah
    Options
    Be Encouraged. You can definitely do it. Is that Tank in the picture with you?
  • cellardoor103
    Options
    Good Luck
    You seem really motivated and I really hope you stick to it
    Hearing you go to gym so much? :O wow I wish i could be like that

Just a small word of warning - I was a vegetarian for 6 years and having cutbacks on so much types of food in shops or restaurants made me just get simple, not good for me food that i was used to like microwavable rice or i would get pizza and fast food. This might not apply for you but I am just saying that sometimes vegetarianism isn't a good weight loss helper for everyone. Be careful with that one.

Anyway, I'm going to add you so I can see how you're progressing :) hope we can be weight loss pals :D haha
    lots of love Jessica x
  • cellardoor103
    Options
    Good Luck

Just a small word of warning - I was a vegetarian for 6 years and having cutbacks on so much types of food in shops or restaurants made me just get simple, not good for me food that i was used to like microwavable rice or i would get pizza and fast food. This might not apply for you but I am just saying that sometimes vegetarianism isn't a good weight loss helper for everyone. Be careful with that one.

Anyway, I'm going to add you so I can see how you're progressing :) hope we can be weight loss pals :D haha
    lots of love Jessica x
  • mjshmily
    mjshmily Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good for you. My first goal is to lose 58 and hit the 200# mark, then another 25 to get down to "normal healthy range". I admire your willpower to get to the gym everyday!

Healthy eating and exercise will get you where you need to be!!!
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • brookelyn2030
    Options
    Good for you. My first goal is to lose 58 and hit the 200# mark, then another 25 to get down to "normal healthy range". I admire your willpower to get to the gym everyday!

Healthy eating and exercise will get you where you need to be!!!

Good luck on your journey!! I look forward to seeing your progress!! :-)
  • brookelyn2030
    Options
    Good Luck

lots of love Jessica x

Thanks for the shout out Jessica! I agree with you, I tried to start out vegetarian, but it was really difficult to find foods to eat especially with my schedule, so I started off small and cut the red meat and work my way towards it. The only way to be vegetarian and eat healthy is to downright cook it yourself, but who has the time?!?! LOL
  • brookelyn2030
    Options
    Be Encouraged. You can definitely do it. Is that Tank in the picture with you?

Thank you! Yes that is Tank in the pic, it was a great show!
  • brookelyn2030
    Options
    Glad to have a friend on board! I stopped using this app for a while but now I will try to get back into the game. I have been eating healthier & working out sometimes, but not seeing any results. Looking forward to seeing you 85 lbs. smaller! :)

L!!! I'm SO frickin' glad you're on here now!!
  • brookelyn2030
    Options
    You found the right website for encouragement! Good luck in your journey!

Thank you!
  • brookelyn2030
    Options
    Go for it!!!! You can do it!

Thank you!!
  • brookelyn2030
    Options
    Go girl! I have about 60 lbs to lose. I just climbed back on the wagon (stupid stress, stupid weekends off, stupid get-togethers with food and alcohol...haha) and am buckling down to get on track. My goal is set at 1 1/2 lb/week just to get myself back in the groove. I plan on bumping down to 1 lb/week in about a week or two, then possibly back up.

Keep it up lady!! I totally understand I was having the same problem. Fortunately, I got another job in a different dept, because the last dept I was in they were having potlucks practically EVERY WEEK, that was torture, let alone the stress that came with it. I'm so glad to see all of you on here, working it out, good luck on your journey!
  • brookelyn2030
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!

Thanks!!
  • veggie_rachel
    veggie_rachel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck Brooke! I've been a vegetarian for twelve years so if you ever need some quick recipe or restaurant ideas, just give me a shout, I'm happy to help :D
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey! I read your bio to understand more of what you were talking about. You know, it's sad... but I totally understand how guys only want "healthy"girls. It drives me a little insane sometimes. It has been an issue all of my life. I think it's one of those motivating factors in my own weight loss journey (secretly when I reach my goal I want to turn down guys who would've turned me me down because I was fat).

I'm sorry about your relationship ending because of your weight. Sucks for him. He obviously wasn't the right person for you! I think if he was a good guy, he would've recognized you needed help and offered to help you out (support, encouragement, etc).

Annyywhoo... Welcome! I'm excited for your weight loss! I think you're going to do great here. Please feel free to add me if you need a friend :-)