Nike Training Club App?

Options
Is anyone else using the Nike Training Club app for iPhone? i did my first workout with the app today and OMG did i sweat!! i have been walking/running 3 days a week for a while but this workout damn near killed me! didn't realise just how unfit i actually am. this is going to be my new training tool i think! :)

Replies

• ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131
    Options
    I LOVE THIS APP!!! soooooo hard but def works!! i want to look like those girls in it!!
  • jelezzierose
    jelezzierose Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    lol oh to look like those girls would be a DREAM!! unfortunately i think it is going to take me a VERY long time to get there! Oh well.... one workout down....... just keep pluggin on!
  • rally1987
    Options
    I downloaded the Nike Training Club a month ago and I use it 3 times a week when I go to the gym. It's an awesome tool and they push you really hard even in the beginner levels! I am in shape, but oh boy, the Get Lean High Interval training is intense. I feel awesome after each workout and I've sweated like a pig. Good thing is, that means I'm burning calories! :)
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for a week now and love it. I agree it's very intense so don't feel bad if you can't make it through the whole beginners routine. Under beginning toning I'm working on the first one..conditioning corps. I made it half way through the first day. Each day I've been able to add another exercise though.

It was probably a bad idea to do one so rough on the legs just before I planted the veggie gardens yesterday and today though. My poor aching quadriceps did not appreciate all of the squatting.
  • streko3a
    streko3a Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    After my first workout with NTC I couldn't walk downstares for 3 days. lol. But I'm getting back to it. I wish it had more stretching exercises and had groups of muscles worked on in workouts' descriptions.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    After my first workout with NTC I couldn't walk downstares for 3 days. lol. But I'm getting back to it. I wish it had more stretching exercises and had groups of muscles worked on in workouts' descriptions.

Yeah, that would be useful.

I have to say I am a fan of the Get Focused section. What with all the running, cycling and swimming I do I don't tend to have a ton of time to work out, even though I priortize core workouts especially. So far I have done Shoulder ripper and Back definer. I love it how I can feel like I've really done something in just 15 minutes and that I can do this in my office in between clients. Awesome awesome app!
  • jujulou
    Options
    It's fab..love it! What exercise do you record it as though as I can't find any definate calories burnt online?
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I made my own exercise for it. But I based the calories burned off of general aerobics, which I figured was closest.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the type of workout you select. I enter it as calesthenics (sit ups, push ups), because those are the workouts I do. Seems to be fairly accurate. Having said that the only way to really now (for any exercise) is to have a heart rate monitor. I am hoping to get one for my birthday if I don't manage to save up before then