Any Horse lovers on here?????????????

Options
Just wondered if any horse lovers on here, I dont understand why most horse riders are slim!!!!, apart from me lol!!! Also trying to find good size fiting riding wear is difficult. Just wondered where others might get good jods , chaps from. Im a size 14-16 with huge calves and chaps are really difficult to find. many thanks

Replies

• Aprilsdanes
    Aprilsdanes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am! But I ride western so I can't help you in the jods department! :tongue:
  • jujulou
    Options
    Me me me!! I love them! I ride once a week and play with friends horses too. Are you in the uk?
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Where are you based? If you're UK then you could try Fuller Fillies for jods and chaps that fit larger legs.

I think most horse riders we see are professionals and therefore workout a lot! Round where I ride there's many a larger lady seen out on a horse!
  • jeskie76
    Options
    hi guys, yeah im in the uk, so will try the website you mentioned. As for western riding i tried it once and loved it, im thinking about trying a western saddle and briddle on my horse.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Me!!

For larger riders, I HIGHLY reccomend FITS and fuller fillies. FF even have special wide calf boots. You can get them through smartpak and adams I believe.

One of my weight loss motivators is the upcoming show season, which will be my first - NO WAY am I riding in white breeches with my thighs the way they are!