Hello from Europe!

Options
Hello my fellow "weight-losers" :happy:

I just found MFP two days ago and I confess I wasn't all that excited about having to register everything I eat...however, I know it helps in having a bigger overview of the weight loss AND since it has a community I assumed it would be great to get to know people with at least one shared goal. Ah, yes, I do not know anyone else who is overweight, I am surrounded by skinny people who think losing weight is as easy as opening a door.

I'm finishing the second week of my "feeding habits re-education" (don't know if that's what it's called in English, but I think you get the idea :smile: ), helped by a nutritionist, and so far I've lost about 2 kgs(+/-4.4lbs) . I still have 17 kgs (+/-38lbs) to go...

I'm trying to get back into running, which I had to stop because of some sensitivity problems with my feet...
Ideally I would find some people nearby with whom I could share some experiences and give/receive support, but it seems there aren't a lot of people nearby.

Oh, I'm from Portugal and I'm trying to lose the extra weigh I gained 1st when I quit smoking and then when I was unemployed.
There it is then...I'm introduced, I reckon. Byeeee!

Replies

• JujiBean
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great site....people are nice and supportive and the tools are helpful and free! Can't beat it.
  • haileemou
    Options
    Hello

Im pretty similar :) Im in Cyprus opposite side of Europe lol but im currently trying to run (C25k) i also put on weight giving up smoking, my weight loss is slow and im hoping to lose the same amount of weight!!!!
  • VeggieZi
    VeggieZi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also thinking about doing a C25K soonish... but I'm probably just going to do some kind of 9 to 12 week program so I can go back to running...well maybe a C25K program will work, no? But first, the right trainers and blister proof socks! :D
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Hi from a fellow European! I've only been on MFP for 2 weeks but I love it. It's a great community and it has great tools too!
  • haileemou
    Options
    Hi :) C25k is about 8 weeks - well the programme i have :) So its starts at the basics! I have blisters argh! Only downside so far lol! Hows Portugal? Warm today?
  • VeggieZi
    VeggieZi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've found a few c25k programs that extend from 9 to 12 weeks...I'll have to find "the one" for me! :D
    I also suffer from blisters: A LOT! But I've found that either socks that have no cotton and are reinforced at the middle OR dual layer socks help. Have you tried any of these?
    Portugal is always warm...even in its 11 ºC Winters...unfortunately for me, because I hate hot weather! I'll take Autumn and Winter over this any day!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile: