30-Day Yoga Challenge - Are you in?

Options
My racing season as a triathlete is over and I'm wanting to do some chilled out exercise for a little bit. I would like to do a 30-Day Yoga Challenge and am looking for others to do it with me! I'm thinking of something that each person decides him/herself, but that everyday we do 30+ minutes of yoga and meditation. With this challenge, I am also incorporating one raw food meal each day. It would be great if others were on board with that, too, but it's mostly the yoga that I'm wanting support on. Reply on here and I'll "Friend" you. Any other ideas of how we can support each other?

I'd like to start on September 23, which is the Fall Equinox and go to October 22, 30 days later.

So, are you in?

Replies

• ttjones215
    ttjones215 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am new to doing yoga. Is there a tape I could follow or something, but I definitely would like to be a part of it. I need so much help in trying lose weight right now. Anything that will help me, I'm GAMED!
  • Chelsie2227
    Options
    I would like to do the challenge. My gym offers yoga classes and im able to go to a few. I have one viedo that i used to do durning my pregnancy which also has a post pregnancy workout on it too.
  • vegantriathlete
    vegantriathlete Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am new to doing yoga. Is there a tape I could follow or something, but I definitely would like to be a part of it. I need so much help in trying lose weight right now. Anything that will help me, I'm GAMED!

If you are new to yoga, I suggest going to a few beginner classes and either using a tape or some online workouts. Yogatoday.com has a free class every week and a good newsletter. I have a yoga DVD at home from called Power Yoga for Happiness by Eoin Finn - his website is here http://www.blissology.com/ with downloads. I really like his way of explaining poses and his routines.
  • falsecho
    falsecho Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Yoga, running, insanity and working out...Should be an interesting month. :-)
  • olso2255
    Options
    I am totally into this. I have done yoga on and off as a performer, but I have been having serious neck and back issues and the PT recommended yoga to help loosen muscles and relax. I have major body tension issues. This would be a great way to commit to it!
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need to be consistent about my exercise. I have a crazy busy schedule (full-time job, 2 kids who are 9 and 4, a husband, dog, art class twice a week, and the kids- and mine- karate classes about 4 days a week) so something to help relax while still exercising would be great!!!
  • Stefanie316
    Options
    I'd like to be in on this too! I'm new to My Fitness Pal , as of today hehe.

:smile:
  • ahoward123
    ahoward123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first post :) I'm in. I've done yoga in the past, and as of last week, have noticed some severe tight muscles in my shoulders and through out my legs. I love that this falls on an equinox as well!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    My studio is doing a 25 day yoga challenge (practice 25 days out of 30) from October 15th-November 14th - so I'll be thinking of you guys during the overlap :-)
  • vegantriathlete
    Options
    I have sent most of you a message about it. If anyone else wants to join us, you have until September 22nd! I'll "bump" this up every once in a while as well. This is going to be so much fun!

Namaste!
  • jujulou
    Options
    I'm interested and up for it but i'm quite new on here so you'll have to guide me. Can we do any type of Yoga and does it have to be just 30 minutes or can we do an hour?
    Looking forward to it..
  • vegantriathlete
    Options
    I'm interested and up for it but i'm quite new on here so you'll have to guide me. Can we do any type of Yoga and does it have to be just 30 minutes or can we do an hour?
    Looking forward to it..

It can be any amount of time. I'm not an expert on yoga or doing something like this. It can be any type of yoga that you want. Send me a personal message with your email address and I will add you to the email list!
  • idcatiej22
    idcatiej22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    30 day yoga challenge?! yes yes YES count me in :)
  • smscott87
    Options
    I'm in! Been doing it for a few days now and love it! Have a injury right now (sprained wrist) but I think it will be better by the 23rd.