Losing weight has been relatively easy

Options
I gained a lot of weight over the past couple years because I had become less active, was over-eating and making poor food choices. Various aches, pains, aging and appearance concerns were dragging me down and effecting my mental health.

I finally had enough and I knew it was all up to me to do something about it. I joined a gym close to home that opened early and got myself out of bed everyday at 6 AM and went and worked out. I paid a small amount for one of their trainers to work with me a few hours to establish an effective warmup, workout and ending stretching routine. It including both cardio and strength training so I can gain needed mass while losing excess fat.

Results were immediate - mentally I felt so much better having established a positive morning routine that started my day off right. This further motivated me to get up each following day and continue working out. This carried over into my eating where I stopped the bad choices I knew I was making (heavy nightly deserts and eating large rich meals too often at restaurants) and replaced it with much healthier choices. I'm still feeling full, throwing in healthier snacks if I get hungry between meals, and using the food diary here to better understand my calorie intake. I've lost 15 pounds over the last 6 weeks, can see and feel where it has disappeared and clothes already fitting better again. I feel fewer aches, don't feel run down after trail walks with my dog, and am seeing my strength increase weekly.

Just wanted to post this in case it helps anybody else. The hardest part was getting off my *kitten* and just STARTING.

Replies

• ginamyrmel
    ginamyrmel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL work! Congratulations. Sounds much like my story.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Great job! Good advice, too. I found that was pretty true at the beginning of my journey as well, since the more weight you have to lose, in general the quicker it comes off at first. Sounds like you are also making some great habits to keep it off.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your jouney here. I have been doing this same routine since July 2020. Lately though I have found myself slipping back into bad unmindful habits of overeating again. Your post has helped me rethink why I started this, along with the 110 lbs. I lost. Again thank you for my wake up call.
  • mango82602002
    mango82602002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your story- I don't feel so alone- !
  • stacelync1031
    stacelync1031 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mind set and routine definitely affects results... in a lot of areas!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Very well said. I couldn't agree more😎🙂.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!