Looking for Friends that will hold me accountable

Options
Have you ever had a friend or family member that encourages you to do the wrong thing? But they do it with the best intentions. Yeah that is me at this point. My husband (who is also my best friend) doesn't stop me when I want the wrong things- he won't even suggest better options- he just let's me do what I want. Sometimes I just need him to suggest a better option or say "hey I thought you wanted to do better" especially on days where I am worn out and tired of trying to find something better to eat. My friends (not that I have many) nd family members (which I have a lot of) encourage the wrong way of eating because, diets and only eating good choices are so restrictive. It wouldn't be bad if this was once or twice a month but it is every time we get together. I explained about my food addiction and am working on it but to the food is happiness. Sometimes I just feel at a loss here.

Replies

• klbaussie
    klbaussie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I might be interested in joining you. I have literally no support at home. My DH doesn't make suggestions, he orders, and I have only one friend where I live. Now with Covid, of course, it is even harder, since where I can go has been limited even more. I am also still recovering from Covid, and am finding depression to be a real problem.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in trying a team approach, I totally recommend this one! It is a group with a few teams. Each team tries to lose more weight than the others, but that is not really the important part. There is so much support and help, encouragement, great tips and ideas, people to help when it gets tough. Check it out and join for October if you want to try -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10844838/registration-for-new-members-october-2021#latest

Before committing to joining, though, it is worth just browsing through the team chat threads and recent challenges, etc.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Under "Announcements" are the general rules, recent challenges, etc. Under "Discussions" are the team chat threads. There are 6 teams, each with their own personality, so it is fun to check them out and get a feel for where you might fit in best.

In any case, having a support group to join rather than just starting individually, during these tough times - it works pretty well!
  • jstrella
    jstrella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need this too! I need someone to push me when I’m being lazy or going for that extra snack that I don’t need. I would love to provide this for you if you can reciprocate.