new to myfitnesspal

Options
hi all, im a 54 years old woman with three kids that needs to loose appro 60 lbs... i noticed my daughter was using it and wondered what it was so she downloaded it onto my phone ...... :tongue:

i live in sunny california, married with three wonderful kids from a previous marriage...

nuff said about me i think

Replies

• LisaLove240786
    LisaLove240786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... good luck to you :)
  • Loubaby2010
    Options
    Hey, I'm new today too... well this is the first time i have properly used the app etc, so far so good. hope to "chat" with u and add me as a friend if you like... you can tell me how wonderful your weather is as i am in rainy uk.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will enjoy this site along with wonderful people..
    Good luck to you~ :flowerforyou:
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Welcome one and all
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I have been here a little over a month and love this site. Keeping track of everything works for me. Feel free to freind me if you would like to support each other and Good luck!
  • winnmr
    winnmr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome also, my daughter and I also use MFP I have hit my goal and she is working toward hers and doing great. You will do great, we will support you along the way. 51 down.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to mfp feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck I am sure you will achieve your goals on here. Nice community!!!:smile:
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    welcome - good luck with your journey!!!
  • You sound like me accept I'm in Michigan (use to be San Jose) I have 3 children the youngest just graduated. I started MFP approx 5 weeks ago after my oldest daughter revealed her 60 pound weight loss from using this site. I have loss approx 9 pounds and for the most part it has been a easy go. Just have to get use to tracking and a little bit of planning. I like the fact that I can see how much exercise I need to do for the week. Working at a desk all day you tend to forget that you really are not moving. My daughters advice to me was take it slow if you have a "bad day" make a note and keep on keeping on. It took her 6 months to lose the 60 and she looks fabulous. I'm trying to get her to post her pictures. Good Luck. You can add me as a friend if you like!
  • chefsusan
    chefsusan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on here this time for about 3 months. I am taking the weight lose very slowly. I want to learn how to eat the way that I will eat even when I am not trying to loose weight. But my Doc said that slow is better and he is even ok with 2-4 pounds a month. I am divorced with 2 kids. Excited that your daughter lost her weight, that is a big accomplishment! Feel free to add me as a friend.

Susan