I need some support!

Options
I'm in a very good spot in life to start losing some serious weight.
I'm at 290+...down from 315.
I'm diabetic taking insulin, have a lot of sleeping issues and have ADHD-PI.

But...I'm in a very stable place as far as my mental health goes, I've started to include some healthy things into my daily routine (30 minute walks, guided exercises 3 times a week, daily meditation...and more), my doctor recently put me on a new med called Ozympic which is helping me with my diabetes and can also help with losing weight, I have some really cool tech in my life that gives me motivation (11" M1 iPad Pro and an Apple Watch Series 6) and have the space and time to start bettering myself.

But man I'm struggling! I have some really good days with not over eating...then I have some VERY bad days where I really binge hard.
It's not physical hunger...it's all mental.

And I have a lot of sleeping issues...and though I know that's only an excuse, I do struggle greatly to keep on track with my walks and exercises after a day or 2 of almost no sleep.

I have so many things in place right now...1 thing I'm missing is support. I've told no one that I'm making some changes and hoping to lose weight.

So I thought I'd find an online community and reach out for some help! I'm struggling to keep on keeping on, on my own!

Replies

• LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @curtisbk3 just wondering, would it help you to put post-it notes on your refrigerator and snack cabinet to remind you not to eat mindlessly? And perhaps post-it notes that suggest alternatives to over-eating? I have heard that with ADHD it can help to "see" the reminders to change your focus. If you can change your focus to maybe a healthier snack or to take a walk, or do 5 push-ups, anything but mindless eating???
  • curtisbk3
    curtisbk3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    LeeH31 wrote: »
    @curtisbk3 just wondering, would it help you to put post-it notes on your refrigerator and snack cabinet to remind you not to eat mindlessly?

That is such a great idea! I'm writing up a couple of post it notes right now!
    It's hard to catch myself when I'm super tired and my inhibitions are down. This can be a simple way to physically/visually put a bit of a barrier between me and my binges.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ... I too am diabetic ( type 2) I was on metformin but it gave me migraines so I quit taking it ...I was on keto but I have struggled getting back on it since my 2nd hernia surgery in April ...I know I have gained back some of what I lost ... My plan is come October 1st to get back on Keto (I want my blood sugar #'s to be in the 100's again )and weigh my food and weigh in weekly ... We got this ....wishing you the very best ...You are welcome to add me if you want
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @curtisbk3 I am so glad that was helpful. Don't remember where I saw/read that, but if I can think of anything else that might help you to stick with it I will definitely share it. Since you are keeping your efforts private from your "real" life, perhaps a friend or two that you could message for help would be good? Sending you a friend request if you don't mind an older lady giving you feedback.