I went WAY over yesterday

Options
I'm officially down 14 lbs (a few more unofficially as I didn't start tracking until a few pounds in). I've been very diligent since August 16th. Then yesterday happened. Camping with some friends. I went over by around 1005 calories! I had to estimate as there was bar food and then some more bar food. For some reason dive bars in Wisconsin don't list calorie counts on their menus. Go figure. :-)

Previously, this would have been the end of the "diet". I would have just decided that since yesterday was a bust, I was done. But, I'm back on track today and will be going forward.

Replies

• ssseattle
    ssseattle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good. Me too. I had a work event all day, which started out well but I overdid it on free food and drink by the evening. I'm logging again today, did some yoga, and am not going to dwell on yesterday's calories.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    The odd slip up is no big deal, we’re all human. It’s all about what we do afterwards. I knew having a glass of Baileys last night wouldn’t help me this morning but here we are, back on track and keeping on keeping on! What you do today is what matters so well done and keep going!
  • HungryTraveler
    HungryTraveler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great mindset!
    I'm in the same boat today, I went over by about 1100 yesterday (3 glasses of wine turned into a pizza for dinner and then chocolate after 🙊 Oops?). It happens. In the past I would starve myself to make up for it, but luckily I've evolved. I logged it honestly and I'm moving on :)
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I went about 2,000 calories a day over maintenance for 3 days in a row on vacation. I was, on vacation. I was more active but also did not care. I showed 2.5lbs heavier the day I got back -- and was back down to my starting weight in another 2 days.

That's WITHOUT any deficit in my calorie allotment to take up some of those calories. Pure math says they would all be 'gain'. Nope.

You're fine and good job on getting back to it.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    Actually I think you did extremely well. You tried to come up with a number. The process is more important than the numbers for any particular meal or day or even a week. Keep tracking no matter what.

I’ve spent many days trying to find something plan friendly to eat in northern WI. It’s not easy. The major food groups seem to be beer, cheese and fried. Keep trying to find a strategy that works for you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I'm officially down 14 lbs (a few more unofficially as I didn't start tracking until a few pounds in). I've been very diligent since August 16th. Then yesterday happened. Camping with some friends. I went over by around 1005 calories! I had to estimate as there was bar food and then some more bar food. For some reason dive bars in Wisconsin don't list calorie counts on their menus. Go figure. :-)

Previously, this would have been the end of the "diet". I would have just decided that since yesterday was a bust, I was done. But, I'm back on track today and will be going forward.

Just an FYI, only restaurants in excess of 20 locations are required to list nutritional information on their menus. You will rarely if ever see this at a bar or restaurant that is local. It can cost quite a bit of time and money to meet the FDA requirements for nutritional information provided.