Anyone have a Xiaomi Mi Band?

Options
Anyone out there have a Xiaomi Mi Band 2?
I just got mine and I love it but it's not compatible with MFP!
Trying to work out best way to transfer data.
Any tips would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• Pow377
    Pow377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but a quick search says you can go via google fit.

Xiaomi Miband -> Google Fit -> MFP :-)
  • Stoox81
    Stoox81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the miband 1S which is slightly older than the version you have but does have HR capability. It depends what type of data you want to transfer. I've tried syncing steps with Google Fit but it always seems to be wrong, but if you want to capture activities, I use an app called 'Notify & Fitness for miband' to capture workouts, this then exports to my Strava (free) account (HR, GPS data, weight training, etc) which is paired to MFP.

I don't think the app is available on the apple store but works fine with android. I think its < £2 to unlock the feature on the app.
  • Pow377
    Pow377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Must admit i'm finding Google Fit isnt the most reliable of integrated methods.
  • candrist
    candrist Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the Mi Band 2 and love it. At the end of my day I just manually enter the calories from the device.

I tried 7 or 8 things to auto sync with no success. Manual entry is easier.
  • tennisdiva1
    tennisdiva1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got one and I LOVE it - I hope that MFP will integrate it to work with MFP - I can't afford to keep replacing my fitbit once a year (on average - over the last 5-6 years!) They keep getting more and more expensive and this little Mi band does many of the same things
  • nadege15onmyfitnesspal
    Options
    Hi Candrist, re
    candrist wrote: »
    I just manually enter the calories from the device.
    - may you please advise on how to do this? (in MFP, ADD, EXERCISE, CARDIO, ... and then I am a bit lost to enter just a calorie quantity) Thanks for your help,

• uptight
    uptight Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Had the Mi Band 2 for 2 years and loved it but I lost it just before Christmas, so my hubby got me the Mi Band 5 which is amazing, and a total value for money. I've been using Google Fit to log my steps onto MFP but I found it doesn't log the burned calories correctly, so I too am interested in the manual logging thing. I know the thread is years old but I figured I'd just add my support for Mi Band/ Mi Fit integration!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you have regular type of daily activity (workouts and other), then keep a spreadsheet of just a running daily calorie burn. Take a look at 2 week running avg.

Old model I thought didn't give daily total burn though, just like activity burn from movement - but no BMR base burn. I can't find it right now to confirm.

Anyway, whether given total daily burn (TDEE), or you have to have spreadsheet add BMR & activity burn together, just note what the TDEE is, subtract a deficit for the eating goal (500 for 1 lb weekly) - and set your MFP eating goal manually.

Can't log workouts or it'll mess that up - so just make wall post about any workouts with more interesting info.
  • verjdermaechtige36
    Options
    Hi Stoox81, thought I'd respond to your post 5 years ago:
    Stoox81 wrote: »
    I have the miband 1S which is slightly older than the version you have but does have HR capability. It depends what type of data you want to transfer. I've tried syncing steps with Google Fit but it always seems to be wrong, but if you want to capture activities, I use an app called 'Notify & Fitness for miband' to capture workouts, this then exports to my Strava (free) account (HR, GPS data, weight training, etc) which is paired to MFP.

I don't think the app is available on the apple store but works fine with android. I think its < £2 to unlock the feature on the app.

I did download the app and purchased the 3rd party sync license. After such a rigorous exploration and looking into different threads, I managed to find the sync to Strava feature for workouts. However does this have to be done for each workout, or is there a way to auto sync this? Appreciate your response still. :)
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Hi Stoox81, thought I'd respond to your post 5 years ago:
    Stoox81 wrote: »

I did download the app and purchased the 3rd party sync license. After such a rigorous exploration and looking into different threads, I managed to find the sync to Strava feature for workouts. However does this have to be done for each workout, or is there a way to auto sync this? Appreciate your response still. :)

I see you're aware you're quoting a 5 year old message - but if you click the username, you can get a page that includes some information about when the user was last active - in this case, October, 2018.

I don't use Strava, but I would expect that it should send workouts over automatically, like RunKeeper (I use it as a go-between from Zombies, Run! to MFP, so, kind of a similar situation...) I have no idea, however, if your fitness band will automatically send to Strava, or if that needs to be done manually every time...
  • Tito_Tim
    Tito_Tim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started with the MiBand 2, on the 4 now. Ordering a version 6 soon. I have never been able to get the info to sync with MFP. I use the official app, and the 3rd party (amazing) Notify & Fitness. I have never found an app that will sync with the MiBand. GoogleFit and Samsung Health will not sync with MFP. I gave up and just enter it manually. Most of my exercise is so similar I just copy/paste from one day to the next and edit as needed.