Can I Lose 9lb in 4 Weeks?

Options
Hi MFPals!

Normally I'm quite content to lose weight the 'slow and steady' way and I'm not too fussed by the scales. However, I recently set myself a goal of being under 85kg by the 1st of October. I've been working really hard but a few set backs have seen me not lose as much as I normally would in the past month. I have 4kg (9lb) to lose by then if I'm going to make my goal.

It's really important too me that I make it - is it possible? I'm pretty much willing to do anything *except* sacrifice muscle tone, so severely restricting my calories isn't an option. Do you think 800 cals for two weeks would start muscles breakdown? Remember, I'm still quite heavy so I hate plenty of fat stored!

I have a personal trainer so I can take full advantage of him. I'm already planning on upping my sessions to 4 times a week, plus 9km walks daily (I'm not allowed to run on pavement). I'm going to ask him about diet but I already know what he's going to say - don't pay attention to the scales, blah, blah, blah.

I've been sensible for 35kg! Surely I can do one crash diet just this once??

Replies

• Jelleebean
    Options
    in my first 4 weeks, i'd lost 17 lbs... granted the first bit was water weight, but, still.. as long as you're sensible about your eating and exercising, it's possible... ramp up your exercising, but, be smart about it, and sure, i'd say it's highly possible.:drinker:

*edit.. just noticed the date... 9 lbs in two weeks.. i dunno about that... not safely anyway... :ohwell:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    well, october 1st is in like 2 weeks..i guess it would be possible, but sounds unhealthy to me..good luck tho
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I think you can definitely hit your goal if you put your mind to!!
    Try to eat just under your daily calorie limit (not below 1200), and try to do cardio at least 5 days for the next few weeks, if not more! ;)

GOOD LUCK!
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi ,
    I know your goal was set to lose a certain amount of weight by a certain time, but don't crash diet. I was obsessed with the number on the scale too. See how your clothes are fitting are they a little looser.There was someone on MFP who lost 2.5 lbs in a month but her measurements shrunk by 3 inches just on her waist. Since you have a personal trainer you are building muscle. In turn you will lose body fat and gain muscle which speeds up your metabolism. Hope this helped.:smile:
  • mampm1
    Options
    I would say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" You are doing such a wonderful job with your weight loss and exercise. Why throw a monkey wrench into the process. Your personal trainer? He or she has been through this with countless others and as long as you keep up your exercise regimen, you will lose the weight. Congratulations and continued success on your journey.
  • KittyMul
    KittyMul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and kind words everyone!

UPDATE: I spoke to my PT this morning. He thinks it's possible but I'm going to have to get hardcore. Big losses are much harder to pull when you've been losing for a year!

The plan is:
    1000 calories a day
    PT x4 per week
    Either 1 hour intense cardio OR 2 hours moderate cardio per day
    Very low carbs
    Multivitamin, vitamin C and calcium daily

He said this is not healthy or sustainable for more than two weeks but it should see me stop gaining/losing the same 300g!

I'll keep updating with my progress (including how much I put after the week after!).