Don't have graze boxes in the US so I made my own

Options
I kept hearing about these graze boxes and everyone that talked or asked about them lived in the UK. So I looked at the website and wow they looked so yummy but of course they don't have them available here. Basically a graze box is a box with different healthy snacks in it that you can have delivered to your house and graze on between breakfast and dinner, you don't eat lunch you just graze. They have all kinds of choices you can mix and match, nuts, breads, olives, dried fruit mixes, crackers with savory jams and so on. So I went to whole foods last night and got most of the above and made my own graze box with my bento (japanese lunch box). It has dividers in it so it was perfect. Today I am trying it out, I ate breakfast and I am going to graze on it until dinner. I just need to find a way to get more protein and less carbs in it. Probably should put some cheese in it. Anyone else try this, or have good snack ideas for more protein? Just an added note the protein is to go into the graze boxes and it needs to be finger food that doesn't have to be refrigerated protein shakes won't work haha.

Replies

• monkeybearinc
    Options
    Anything you can do with Quinoa?x
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    does quinoa have to be refrigerated? The box stays out all day and it's usually finger food snacks. Good protein idea though.
  • laurad1406
    Options
    this is such a good idea, let me know how you do! I am a huge hummus and pita or veggie person so that would definitely be included in mine haha.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love the snickers marathon protein bars, and I now make a protein shake for breakfast and it keeps me full for hours.
  • cmmassoud
    Options
    smoked salmon?
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    what an awesome idea!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I kept hearing about these graze boxes and everyone that talked or asked about them lived in the UK. So I looked at the website and wow they looked so yummy but of course they don't have them available here. Basically a graze box is a box with different healthy snacks in it that you can have delivered to your house and graze on between breakfast and dinner. They have all kinds of choices you can mix and match, nuts, breads, olives, dried fruit mixes, crackers with savory jams and so on. So I went to whole foods last night and got most of the above and made my own graze box with my bento (japanese lunch box). It has dividers in it so it was perfect. Today I am trying it out, I ate breakfast and I am going to graze on it until dinner. I just need to find a way to get more protein and less carbs in it. Probably should put some cheese in it. Anyone else try this, or have good snack ideas for more protein?

sounds like a good business opportunity to deliver these.
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For more protein I drink a protein shake..I use the one's with hardly any carbs (like 4 grams or less). Watch out for sugars. :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Where did you pick up your Bento lunch box (aka laptop lunch box)? I've checked online and can't seem to find any below $24 which seems crazy for just a couple rubbermaids. You can make a similar thing (although not as cute or perfectly form fitting) at Ikea for <$5.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Where did you pick up your Bento lunch box (aka laptop lunch box)? I've checked online and can't seem to find any below $24 which seems crazy for just a couple rubbermaids. You can make a similar thing (although not as cute or perfectly form fitting) at Ikea for <$5.

I got mine from a japanese bento website I think it was $16.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    oh since its a bento box how about Tofu Sushi... now i'm hungry
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I find that my graze boxes come with a punnet of nuts, a punnet of dried fruit, a punnet of mixed nuts and dried fruit or a punnet of seeds, and then the fourth punnet is usually olives or rice crackers. They make a fairly good balance so that I can have a punnet or two each day and pick based on what nutrients I'm high/low on.
  • micahnelson
    micahnelson Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I got mine from a japanese bento website I think it was $16.

I don't think I have ever heard a cooler thing said on this website.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yep, if I was in the US I would so be making these and flogging them, I am in the UK and they are SO popular here they must make a mint...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter can be added, nuts, edamame (sp?)
  • ctprofessional
    ctprofessional Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :smooched: yum.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You could use small tupperware boxes instead.

How about olives, flapjacks, carrot sticks or slices of pepper.
  • ginamay28
    ginamay28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Check out Amazon or Ebay. They have some for less than $10.
  • ginamay28
    ginamay28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Check out Amazon or Ebay. They have some for less than $10.
  • LauraCassata
    Options
    what about hard boiled eggs without the yolk? they can sit at room temp for the day. Quinoa does not have to be chilled all day. there is also edamame or cutting up bite size pieces of a protein bar?