300 lbs now, looking for 175lbs - committed to a new life an

Options
2»

Replies

• SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Looks like you ight be ready to stop playing in the shallow end of the diet pool and jump on in the deep end with us. If so, please feel free to add me. I am in the midst of re-inspiring my efforts.

I'm Sharon from MA.... Jump in with both feet!!! and make your best SpLaSh!!!!!
  • You have made the first step. I always tell my kids stick a toe into the puddle watch it ripple then stick a foot .......you get it! Once you get into the groove of using this site as a emotional as well personal support system you will be surprise at the results! Take one day at a time and every once in a while it might be one hour but understand that you are worth it!
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Greg, welcome to your new journey and lifestyle change. This is not a diet, try to remember that. You will be doing this the rest of your life and it will be the best thing you can do for yourself.

I have been on MFP for about 3 months now. I started on my journey over a year ago. Remember to take it slow and be comfortable with only a lb or 2 loss a week. We all know losing 5 lbs sounds better, but losing it slower gives your body time to adjust to the changes and will keep it off much better.

Keep coming back every day and you will have more support than you ever imagined. Good Luck!!

Denise
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    welcome and congratulations on looking for help, you have come to the right place as everyone here are wonderful and very supportive

good luck on your weight loss journey
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You are in a good place here, I have a simular story and look forward to our "recovery" or journey to better fitness and life. Good luck to you and all.

Log everything, it will open your eyes. This is the way to obtaining your goal.