Pinole Chia Oatmeal

Options
Has anyone tried Pinole Chia Oatmeal? If so what are you thoughts? It seems very expensive for oatmeal so was looking for reviews before buying. Thanks!

Replies

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it but it sounds, based on it's ingredients, that I'd like it. And it would depend on how much it was whether I'd say it's 'worth it' or not.

Where does it come from (i.e. is it being trucked from far away in order to get on your grocery shelf?)
    Does the cost include fair wages for the people who make it? Does it benefit those communities?
    How often do you eat it - everyday - or as a treat?
    Are the practices surrounding it's production good for the planet?

Those are some things I think about when choosing to purchase more niche products. Especially if I think I might like them and want to buy them more. One off - sure, try it out....but if I were to be wanting to buy this product routinely --- I'd want to know more about he above things.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Pinole Chia Oatmeal? If so what are you thoughts? It seems very expensive for oatmeal so was looking for reviews before buying. Thanks!

It's expensive because it is a "superfood"!

Looks like the magic corn is the third ingredient, after oats and chia seeds, so if you do want to buy Pinole corn, I suggest you get that separately and then add the oats, chia, spices, etc.