Replies

• KatVaux
    KatVaux Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! I love this idea. Thanks a bunch:happy: :happy:
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    we can do it any day we want.. not necessarily the day you pick gary?

Its on the day i post the challenge, it will be a different day each week though
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    For the extreme calorie burn, I suggest a hike day on your day off! Of course the calorie burn does vary by body weight as everyone has said. I hiked 3.5 hours on Labor Day and burned about 2400 calories (shows how much I weigh!). So even the skinny people should probably burn 1000 on a 3 1/2 hour hike, right?

Take a backpack full of water to drink (and healthy snacks) and carry that and gain an extra burn for carrying 10 pounds on the hike. Find some nice hiking trails somewhere nearby and give it a try. :-)

I wish I could go hiking! I live in stupid, flat, swampy Louisiana. Ugh!

There IS a trail through the woods here I've been dying to take, but really don't wanna go by myself the first time I do it, or drag my kiddos along with me, so I've yet to tackle it =(
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    that's what I thought! thanks
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Okay I am in...water no problem...but will need to work on the calories but I will do it!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Okay I am in...water no problem...but will need to work on the calories but I will do it!

You CAN do it!!!
  • preciousperez
    Options
    Okay I can do the water challenge but the exercise idk but I am going to challenge myself and try. lol
  • dawnm92
    dawnm92 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go hiking! I live in stupid, flat, swampy Louisiana. Ugh!

There IS a trail through the woods here I've been dying to take, but really don't wanna go by myself the first time I do it, or drag my kiddos along with me, so I've yet to tackle it =(

I live in mid-Illinois so I don't exactly have the beauty of the mountains or the ocean here. I just found a park with hiking trails that was about an hour's drive from my house. It had somewhat rugged trails through the woods. Some hills, some debris, stumps, roots, and minor obstructions, but overall it was pretty standard - just a long walk in the woods really.

So your trail sounds great, but I do suggest taking at least one able-bodied adult with you, both for fun and safety. I can understand why you wouldn't want to take the kids. Lucky for me, my kids are all furry so I gave them plenty of food, fresh water, and clean litterboxes and left them at home! ;-)

I hope you get to take your hike soon, one way or another.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Dang, I can't do this today because of physical therapy (recovering from a broken leg) but I can tomorrow night when I go to the gym! The Arc Trainer and Elliptical are my best friends!
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    For some people who have lower weight 100 oz of water a day could send them into water intoxification, which means you are flushing your system of required electrolytes that could throw your heart rhythm off and cause major issues.

For others with poor renal function, 100 oz of day could overly stress your kidneys.

Be careful, this challenge could be unhealthy for those under 200lbs. Water intake is not a more is better for the body. That's why there are guidelines 64 oz (8 glasses) is optimal, going way over that in one day is precarious.
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Dang, I can't do this today because of physical therapy (recovering from a broken leg) but I can tomorrow night when I go to the gym! The Arc Trainer and Elliptical are my best friends!

DOnt worry bout it, I will do it again next week on a different day :) Take care of that leg! :)
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options

DOnt worry bout it, I will do it again next week on a different day :) Take care of that leg! :)

Guaranteed!!
  • proctorgirl07
    proctorgirl07 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    on the same day? LOL is peeing exercise when you have to walk to the bathroom that much?
  • proctorgirl07
    proctorgirl07 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!
  • katharine1980
    katharine1980 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    im down!!!
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Gary, I'm IN but.....

I'm only doing the water today, not the 1000 calorie burn. If I did the 1000 calorie burn today, I'd have to eat everything in my house to make up the difference! I only have low-calorie foods on hand. I go shopping on Saturday and will pick up some higher-calorie snacks & maybe some protein shakes (or mix) so I can do the 1000 calorie burn next week!

Also, I hope you know this will require me to work out on the elliptical at a medium-high intensity (depending on the level of resistance I use) for 70 minutes! LOL That will be KILLER, but worth it. :-)
  • FKat
    FKat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OH not to me I'm only 112 pounds And i usually burn 800-1300 a day hun .You can do this
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    :smile: i'm so in on this one! and I'm going on the record making Saturday my 1000/100 day (it's seems to be my most active day, it'll be easy to bump it up)....... this is gonna be great!

shouldv'e read the WHOLE post before responding...... I'll try the calories burned today, i will hit the water for sure:)
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    How is everyone doing with the challenge???? Post your progress!!

Water - DONE! Currently at 110oz
    Cals Burned - 200 so far
  • nww0921
    Options
    I'm fairly new to this site and wanted to join the challenge. Now is this 1000/100 in a day or over a period of time. I think the most i've been able to burn was like 700 calories and that was taking a cardio sculpt class at the gym.