5 Hour Energy

Options
Anyone ever have 5 Hour Energys? (The little red bottles with only 4 calories?) I know Red Bull is loaded with "stuff" that may or may not be good for me - and they are WAY too sweet for me. But these little bottles seem to be mostly B vitamins and some caffiene, etc. I stopped drinknig coffee b/c I add too many calories to my coffees... Today is a rough day. Woke up to a thunder storm. Then woke up to my toddler.

Replies

• KiteGirl83
    Options
    My husband uses them occasionally. Everything in moderation, I say! I'd go for it, but not more than once every couple of weeks when I really needed it.
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    I haven't tried it but my husband really likes it. It does work I guess. I can't even take vitamin B liquid drops because it gives me anxiety.
  • Starleng1
    Options
    :smile: bump
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I thought these were for truck drivers to get though a long haul, and make deliveries.
    I'm guessing health is an after thought.

2 oz of 5 hour is 4 calories. 30 oz of coffee is under 10 calories. That's just hot water flowing over coffee beans.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I use them when I've long nights working and need to keep my energy up the next day and they work pretty well. But they aren't something you should use regularly. If you find you need a 'boost' on a regular basis you should re-evaluate your sleeping/eating patterns.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I tried it once, and it wasn't very fun. It was more like 24 hour freak out and stay awake until you have to go back to work. But then again, I'm very sensitive to caffeine. Almost all of my co-workers drink them if they're having a particularly rough time staying awake and focusing, and they love it for that purpose. But if you are sensitive, I would only drink a quarter of the bottle. It might be tiny, but it ain't no joke.
  • sherrileern
    Options
    I LOVE 5 hour energy!!! I use the Extra Strength, it's good if you need a big energy boost :) I take the whole thing if I'm REALLY tired, and just 1/2 of it if I only need a regular boost. No jittery feelings, no side effects at ALL for me :) I don't rely on them, but when you haven't gotten enough sleep and you have to go to work, or you need to make it through a long night out, this really works!! I like them so much, I bought a case of 24 from Sam's Club. It's way cheaper that way!! I hope you like them too!!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I use 5 hours occasionally when I have a extra long work day or an outing and I'm a bit tired, but I use the Black Tops that are extra strength. The orange/red bottles don't do much for me. I've never had any adverse effect from them, but I don't use them regularly either. Only when I need them to get through. I love that there is no crash and I can fall asleep on the regular strength if I need to.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I use them when I've long nights working and need to keep my energy up the next day and they work pretty well. But they aren't something you should use regularly. If you find you need a 'boost' on a regular basis you should re-evaluate your sleeping/eating patterns.

I agree with the - if I need a boost on a regular basis - I shoudl re-evalute. I DEFINITELY have WAY more energy since I have been exercising regularly. I no longer get the "2:30pm sleepies". But as a working-mom-home owner-triathlon/HM training-wife-sister-daughter-friend-hobby having-hostess playing-wish I had time to volunteer-want to take my son for swim lessons and pony rides-woman... I feel tired a lot. :laugh:
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I thought these were for truck drivers to get though a long haul, and make deliveries.
    I'm guessing health is an after thought.

2 oz of 5 hour is 4 calories. 30 oz of coffee is under 10 calories. That's just hot water flowing over coffee beans.

Yeah - health is a total after thought. That is why I am here asking about it. :wink: