Who else has a lot to lose?

Options
123457»

Replies

• ezraella
    ezraella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Needing this daily support/encouragement. Count me in! I have a lot to lose and just gave in to a chocolate craving. Such a sweet tooth!!!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Late to this but I have a lot to lose too!

I’m 44, 5’5 and currently 314.8lbs, down from starting on 9th September at 322lbs.
    I’d like to get below 180lbs.
    I’ve been on and off MFP a few times and was doing really well, lost 85lbs last year until losing my horse amongst other things caused me to have a breakdown.
    I recently lost an overweight friend to COVID and don’t want to put my family in that position.

Here’s to doing this!
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @mytempleisloved @fatoldladyonamission I hear you, you are not alone. I need to lose 200+ lbs as well. My starting weight is 431 and I have just begun with a loss of 3 lbs. I have sent out friend requests to you both. We can do this! Jem :D
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hi all. I think this is the message board I want to join. I need to lose 200+ lbs. I started again today. My first start was in May. I lost a few lbs., but fell off the wagon. I think I'm the oldest to post. And as of today, I weigh the most I've ever weighed. I am 378.8 lb. That alone tells you that I need help. I am admitting that I cannot do this by myself. After weighing today and crying (again), I have decided to re-join. I logged on today and I have been reading and learning abut MFP. I did not really read things the last time and I never logged into a message board. I'm also a senior citizen, so I have a lot of different issues. I have mobility issues with my knees and back. Yet I am determined not to give up this time. I need the motivation and help that you can give me. I hope that I can help someone too. This time I am committed to signing in everyday. I know now that I have bad habits to change, a sugar addiction to overcome, and a need to move, while loosing weight. I realize that I need to take it slow and build good habits that I can maintain. My old supervisor used to say "How do you eat an elephant?" One bite at a time. This also means I need a plan. I've been on MFP since about 12 noon today. It time to log off. I will read this entire message board tomorrow. I need friends and accountability partners. I hope to have some soon.

You’ve come to the right place. MFP is full of really useful information. Read the pinned posts too. I started using the blog to log my thoughts and feelings as well as new discoveries each week. I found that when I did fall off my wagon, my blog helped bring me back. Read other people’s blogs too. That was useful for me although annoyingly I can’t seem to get to that page right now because if a server error! I’m here every day, been back on plan almost two weeks and I’m already down about 7lbs. Just be prepared that the losses will start quickly and then slow down as you lose. It keeps going though so have faith in the science. Get a Fitbit or some other kind of step tracker if you don’t already have one. I use mine to know just what my calorie deficit is. For every 3500 calories you’re in a deficit over a week, you’ll lose a pound. The science works and the tools help.

I’ll also send you a friend request. You’ve got this.
  • raybabydog
    raybabydog Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Sw 300
    Cw 253
    GW 150
  • wornoutmamabear
    wornoutmamabear Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new folks! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need someone to cheer you on!
  • okjmac1974
    okjmac1974 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am coming back. My first time I had lost 105 lbs and then I thought I could try a different eating lifestyle and gained back 88 lbs back. I am currently looking to lose the 88 lbs and get off some meds because of my weight. I am 47 yrs old and live in Oklahoma. Thank you for reading.
  • wornoutmamabear
    Options
    It’s the end of the month! Time for an update of my monthly stats. Feel free to share yours if you’re tracking!

SEPTEMBER STATS
    💪 Monthly goals: stay under 1870 calories per day, walk 2500 steps a day, keep phone in pocket more consistently for better step tracking
    Starting weight: 248.4
    💪 End-of-month weight: 241.8
    Starting BMI: 37.7 - Class 2 Obesity
    💪 End-of-month BMI: 36.8 - Class 2 Obesity
    Starting bust measurement: 48.5 in.
    💪 End-of-month bust measurement: 48 in.
    Starting waist measurement: 47.5 in.
    💪 End-of-month waist measurement: 47 in.
    Starting hips measurement: 54 in.
    💪 End-of-month hips measurement: 54 in.
    Starting bicep measurement: 18.5 in.
    💪 End-of-month bicep measurement: 18 in.
    Starting thigh measurement: 24 in.
    💪 End-of-month thigh measurement: 24 in.
    Starting neck measurement: 15.25 in.
    💪 End-of-month neck measurement: 15.25 in.
    Starting ring size (left ring finger): 6
    💪 End-of-month ring size: 5.5
    Starting dress size: 26W
    💪 End-of-month dress size: 26W
    -
    TOTAL month losses: 6.6 lbs., 1.5 in., 0.9 BMI, 0 dress size(s), 0.5 ring size(s)

TOTAL losses to-date: 31.2 lbs. (11% of original weight down), 4.6 BMI, 14.25 in., 3 dress sizes, 0.5 ring sizes

REMAINING to goal: 91 lbs., 14 BMI
  • jkrug15
    jkrug15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello-
    I'm 5'1 with SW of 320 1/18/21 and CW of 251. I turned 50 this year and the weight has been so slow to lose this time around. Boo. I stick to 1200-1350 calories a day and treadmill 30 minutes most days of the week. I add hills and periods of "jogging" to try and do an interval work out. I think I'm the only one that gets irrationally mad at the end of the day message that tells me "in five weeks you will weigh X amount" because that never happens. I like reading about the success stories, but lately they seem to showcase people that have lost "200 lbs in 6 months". I've lost 68 ish lbs and so far only my hairdresser has noticed. It is just frustrating is all. But I stick with it every day... I can't be in a hurry to lose because then I'll give up. I'll keep chipping away, .1 lb at a time. Maybe in a few years I'll hit my goal. I've certainly learned patience this time around and maybe that's the point I'm supposed to get through my head. Onward!
  • wornoutmamabear
    Options
    Oops, my math was a little off. Oh well. 😅
  • wornoutmamabear
    Options
    @jkrug15 Slow and steady has the best chance of being sustainable. You’re doing great. ❤️
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    Stats update -

Height: 5 ft. 9 in.
    Starting date: Jan 28, 2021
    Starting weight: 293
    Current weight: 206.4 (86.6 lbs down)
    Goal weight: 168
    Starting BMI: 43.3
    Current BMI: 30.5
    Goal BMI: 24.8
    Current daily calorie limit: 1620
    Current dietary and exercise goals: maintain a calorie deficit, walk or exercise equivalent of 10,000 steps a day, yoga 3x per week, alternate days of squats and push-ups
  • spaynetahoe
    spaynetahoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    * Love. Too bad they don’t let you edit your posts.
  • Arawra90
    Arawra90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    32 years old 5'2" started at 220lb, currently 179lbs, goal is 150lb. I like walking, bike riding, and the elliptical. I do weight training occasionally when I go to the gym (2-3 days a week) but I'm not a huge fan.
  • spaynetahoe
    spaynetahoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! How are we doing tonight??

I had a tough day dealing with dieting on the go and I did not prepare enough before hand. Started with a healthy breakfast and a big hike. My day was really busy and long story short- I wasn’t able
    To get lunch and didn’t eat dinner until 6pm- hours and hours after breakfast. Had to make dining out decisions on the go with my boyfriend. We decided on BJs because I knew they have a “lighter” menu. Quickly found out they do not have calorie information in the menu NOR their website 🤬🤬🤬

I ended up ordering a thin crust, personal veggie pizza and added extra veggies. Hopefully I did ok… I know I should have ordered a salad but I find when I get to the pint where I feel like I’m dying of hunger and super hangry, I find it near impossible to make good decisions…..

How about you guys?
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    I also had pizza last night @spaynetahoe .. friends and I golfed 18 holes first and then we went to a new restaurant. Very delicious. Slight uptick on the scale today but I think it's likely just a bump from sodium.
  • wornoutmamabear
    Options
    @spaynetahoe There’s nothing wrong with eating pizza! I’d never successfully diet if I couldn’t have pizza occasionally, lol. I’m proud of you for listening to your body and feeding it something satisfying! I know it’s hard to fight the guilt, but I promise you haven’t sabotaged yourself. ❤️