In Dire need of some motivation!!

Options
I didn't exercise yesterday like I would have wanted. I slacked off. So this morning I woke up feeling down :frown: Wanted to wake up at 4am but hubby didn't let me, since I didn't go to bed until 10pm last night. Wouldn't have gotten enough hours of sleep :ohwell: ( he takes care of me too much lol) & tonight I know I wont be able to work out since I am going to a concert @ 7pm and I get home around 6pm. Didn't pack my lunch (no time), which means I will probably end up having greasy food , a meal loaded with calories and carbs!! :grumble: I have healthy snacks here at work. So, should I skip lunch and just snack on these though out the day? I get an hour lunch and I was planning to go walking (at least) even if I am in heels LOL!! I'm just so "blaah":indifferent: right now!! Need help staying FOCUS!!!

Replies

• thalch
    Options
    Don't skip a meal! you're just going to feel hungry. Starving yourself will only in the end hurt your progress... when you get home, sit down and do some push ups, sit ups, and squats. It's not a full on work out, but you will feel better if you can squeeze in 3 sets of 10 or 15 of all of them. I promise! Sometimes busy lives don't allow full on gym time. Hope this helps!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Is there a place that's a good 20 minute walk away where you can go to pick up a healthy lunch? If you commit to going there now, and commit to what you're going to order so you don't slip and order something greasy instead (maybe even log your meal now), you have a good shot at sticking with it later when you may have a little less motivation. You'll get exercise and a healthy lunch in one triip.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I didn't exercise yesterday like I would have wanted. I slacked off. So this morning I woke up feeling down :frown: Wanted to wake up at 4am but hubby didn't let me, since I didn't go to bed until 10pm last night. Wouldn't have gotten enough hours of sleep :ohwell: ( he takes care of me too much lol) & tonight I know I wont be able to work out since I am going to a concert @ 7pm and I get home around 6pm. Didn't pack my lunch (no time), which means I will probably end up having greasy food , a meal loaded with calories and carbs!! :grumble: I have healthy snacks here at work. So, should I skip lunch and just snack on these though out the day? I get an hour lunch and I was planning to go walking (at least) even if I am in heels LOL!! I'm just so "blaah":indifferent: right now!! Need help staying FOCUS!!!

How about some motivation and tough love? Your post is full of excuses. Let's count them:

1: Your husband woudln't let you get up early to work out.
    2. You have a concert tonight.
    3. You didn't pack lunch, so you're gonna have to eat something greasy.
    4. You're in heels.
    5. You feel blah, so you don't want to do it.

So, the tough love is that:

1. You're your own person - unless your husband tied you to the bed and didn't let you out, then you're the one that didn't let you go exercise at 4am. (And if your husband tied you to the bed - good for you! lol. But he needs to untie you for exercise.)
    2. You have a concert - DANCE! Burn some calories by dancing, going up and down the stadium stairs, etc.
    3. Just b/c you didn't pack a lunch doesn't mean you have to eat greasy food. There are lots of options here - healthy sandwiches, salads, Subway, nuts, string cheese, etc. There's always a healthier, low-calorie option everywhere.
    4. You shoulda brought non-heels for the lunchtime walk. But, don't let it stop you.
    5. When you're not motivated and feel down, you still have to do it. So, focus on DISCIPLINE when you're not motivated.
  • msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Do not skip lunch. Try to pick best healthy meal out of your choices. Walked the stairs at work. Don't be down, the past is over, we can only keep moving forward towards the next steps. Keep the Faith!!:smile:
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Okay...this is going to be easier said than done...why don't you go to a grocery store at lunch and get one of those fruit cups that they already have made up...maybe two have one for lunch and one for dinner. They also have apples and carrots in little bags washed and cut up that you can snack on. Grab a couple bottles of water and some yogurt to go with it. Then maybe you will be too full to have the greasy food you are talking about.
    Or...just have fun today and start again tomorrow!! Have a good time at the concert!!
  • Teeteetare
    Options
    Do you have a Subway near you for lunch? Even Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken sandwich is a good choice. If you do a little investigating you might find something healthy around. I wouldn't skip a meal because you will probably be very hungry by dinner and make a bad choice then.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

How about some motivation and tough love? Your post is full of excuses. Let's count them:

4. You're in heels.

1. You're your own person - unless your husband tied you to the bed and didn't let you out, then you're the one that didn't let you go exercise at 4am. (And if your husband tied you to the bed - good for you! lol. But he needs to untie you for exercise.)
    2. You have a concert - DANCE! Burn some calories by dancing, going up and down the stadium stairs, etc.
    3. Just b/c you didn't pack a lunch doesn't mean you have to eat greasy food. There are lots of options here - healthy sandwiches, salads, Subway, nuts, string cheese, etc. There's always a healthier, low-calorie option everywhere.
    4. You shoulda brought non-heels for the lunchtime walk. But, don't let it stop you.
    5. When you're not motivated and feel down, you still have to do it. So, focus on DISCIPLINE when you're not motivated.

Like!
  • 0b58uce67
    Options
    Hey there, no don't skip lunch or you will proably eat something you shouldn't. Forget about yesterday and keep focused on the future. Think slim...:smooched:
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Okay...this is going to be easier said than done...why don't you go to a grocery store at lunch and get one of those fruit cups that they already have made up...maybe two have one for lunch and one for dinner. They also have apples and carrots in little bags washed and cut up that you can snack on. Grab a couple bottles of water and some yogurt to go with it. Then maybe you will be too full to have the greasy food you are talking about.
    Or...just have fun today and start again tomorrow!! Have a good time at the concert!!

The fruit cups will likely not satiate her very long. Go for protein and fiber like nuts and string cheese and veggies. My grocery store's produce section has the veggie packs called "Ready Snax" and they will have like carrots, snap peas, cheese and ranch dressing and it's only 140 cals. Or there's one with apples, yogurt, and granola that's 120 cals. Or some others that have a little more cheese or peanut butter than are like 250 cals.
  • slender_sunshine
    Options

4. You're in heels.

I want you to come be the voice on my shoulder :laugh:
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know how skipping an exercise when you're on a roll can be depressing. I know you don't want to slack off to much and lose the momentum you've gotten going. So good for you that you plan to walk at lunch. Can you walk somewhere and get a salad, lowfat cottage cheese or a gas station that might have some protein drinks like milk muscle? If not then try to use your healthy snacks until you can get home to have a healthy dinner. If you can go online and look up exercises to do at your desk. Also drink lots of water throughout the day. Cold water burns a few more calories than warm water. This means you have to get up to get the water then get up to use the restroom. When I'm in the restroom washing my hands I do leg lift to the side and back. I also do wall or counter pushups when I've slacked on exercises. It helps me to feel like I'm doing something. Another thing since you're going to the concert you'll be on your feet anyway so dance, it'll help burn some calories. Have fun tonight and get back on your normal routine tomorrow.
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks! this are all very goo advice :)

I love the tough love, keep it coming haha
    Is there a place that's a good 20 minute walk away where you can go to pick up a healthy lunch? If you commit to going there now, and commit to what you're going to order so you don't slip and order something greasy instead (maybe even log your meal now), you have a good shot at sticking with it later when you may have a little less motivation. You'll get exercise and a healthy lunch in one triip.

There's a Quizno's (I think) a few blocks away. Not too familiar with the area, so i'm not sure what's around just yet. Not sure how long it would take me to get there but I'm sure I'll find out today lol. Didn't even think of this, THANK YOU!! & I think they're saladas are good, with out the dressing teehee! AND I will be sure to jump like crazyy!! *it's a rock concert btw lol*

Thanks everyone!! :D
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know how skipping an exercise when you're on a roll can be depressing. I know you don't want to slack off to much and lose the momentum you've gotten going. So good for you that you plan to walk at lunch. Can you walk somewhere and get a salad, lowfat cottage cheese or a gas station that might have some protein drinks like milk muscle? If not then try to use your healthy snacks until you can get home to have a healthy dinner. If you can go online and look up exercises to do at your desk. Also drink lots of water throughout the day. Cold water burns a few more calories than warm water. This means you have to get up to get the water then get up to use the restroom. When I'm in the restroom washing my hands I do leg lift to the side and back. I also do wall or counter pushups when I've slacked on exercises. It helps me to feel like I'm doing something. Another thing since you're going to the concert you'll be on your feet anyway so dance, it'll help burn some calories. Have fun tonight and get back on your normal routine tomorrow.

I brought a protein bar, but it does have too much sugar. I have half of it as a snack. I tend to eat every 2 or 3 hrs! I get hungry, which is why I keep snacks close to me (100cals or less) fruits, veggies, and what not LOL. I will do the wall pushups. My job has a gym here but unfortunately I can't use it just yet :( I have to wait until my "probation" period is over lol.. 1 more month to go!! Can't wait jaja I will try the wall pushups thanks!!
  • mekissybaby
    Options
    Hey girlie! Just have fun at the concert and begin again tomorrow.... all this worrying doesn't help at all, and it will make your day awful. Just get something less greasy at the fast food place and enjoy your day you will be fine....