Sugar allowance very low?

Options
Hello

My allowance on here for sugar is 24g but nearly every day I go over with my choices. Today for instance I have had a banana which is 14g of sugar on it's own!

Is it really bad to go over every day?

Cheers

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Barring underlying health issues going over sugar from natural sugars like fruit with all the micronutrients that they bring along with it is not a big deal. Try for less sugary options of you're going to be having multiple fruit in a day. My bag for today contains 2 bananas, tomorrows will be a big dish of raspberries.
  • williti
    williti Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing. If I eat a piece of fruit I'm over my sugar allowance. I'm interested in what other have to say on this topic as well.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Refined sugar seems to be worse than natural sugar. We're obviously not going to stop eating fruit. I would try to keep your refined sugar to a minimum.
  • xalligator
    xalligator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Find a sugar limit that's right for you and stick under it. Sugar is sugar, your body will shuffle it off to wherever it wants no matter where you get sugar from.

It's only better to get it from fruits because fruits have more beneficial nutrients. The fiber in fruits also keeps the sugar from being digested as quickly as sugars in breads or other non-fibrous things.