Free Version: How to manually enter steps or activity

Options
Sorry - first-day user here. I can find how to link my app with an electronic exercise tracker but can't find a way to manually enter activity if I don't have a tracker. Any help appreciated, thank you!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    When you sign up the app asks for your activity level. Use the guide below to gauge your activity level.

https://www.10000steps.org.au/articles/counting-steps/

You can also log deliberate exercise (above & beyond) activity level. But logging all steps as exercise will result in some double counting so that's not such a good idea.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    My pedometer does not link to MFP. I know how many steps are in my miles, and I know I do a 20 minutes mile, so if I've walked 2 miles (or the equivalent amount of steps) I use the entry "Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace" and put in 40 minutes.

I bet if my dumb pedometer has the option for miles in addition to steps, your tracker will too, which will save a step in the calculation.

I start logging after the first mile. I've seen a wide variety of how many steps = sedentary, and that 1 mile's worth works for me.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    When you are at your home screen, there is a button for "Add exercise" as well as "Add food". After hitting the button, there is the option of adding Cardio or Strength Training. Then you can search the database for the exercise you are doing. There are a lot of walking options depending on your pace. After the first time you add the exercise, it will show up on your Most recent exercises, which simplifies logging afterwards. As noted above, a certain number of steps are part of your normal activity level, so shouldn't be logged as exercise (that would be double counting).