Time for a change, I'm too young for the way I look and feel

Options
I am loosing weight for my family. I want my son to be proud of me as he gets older instead of thinking of me as a fat, slow,
always sick person. I am not anoy of those things now, but if I continue to tread as I have, that is what I will become.

I want to be healthy and be able to keep up with him...he is almost 3 now and already I'm finding it hard to keep up...what will happen when he's 5, 10, 15....I wanna be the dad that runs with him, plays soccer, swims, bikes and spars (martial arts) with him.

At this rate, added to my stressful job, I'll be lucky to be alive by age 50...I', only 28 now!

Replies

• rustypust
    rustypust Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It is great that you want to do this for your son this will give you the motivation you need but a side to this with weight comes other problems like diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol you name it. You are only a young man so losing the weight if you are careful with food and do even a little exercise will make a big difference to you and should not be too difficult, the older you get unfortunately the harder you have to work at it GOOD LUCK !!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking control back of your life! :drinker:
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You've taken that first step in that you have acknowledged you have a weight/health issue and now you are here and doing something about it. It won't be easy and it won't be quick. but it will be SOOO worth it in the end! Keep up the good work and you will get there and be very proud of yourself in the process.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're in the right place for motivation & success. Good luck on your journey. I have a 6 year old and I totally understand needing to be able to keep up w/ him =]
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great incentive to get healthy! Good luck on your journey :o)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Look at him and remember that you want the best for him, then look in the mirror because you deserve the best yourself!!
  • jessicaworkman1
    Options
    Good for you! My son is my inspiration as well. Keep rocking it out!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My children are my Motivation as well I wanna get out there and run and play with them! Here's to having great Motivation :drinker:
  • tcarnes72
    Options
    Hey you did the first thing! Getting started. Now it's a life change and don't let any slip ups or fall back keep you from making it. It's always easier to get back up than it is to roll over. You can do it and this is a great place to start. The people here are encouraging and always supportive.