• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I bought Atheno's Roasted Garlic & red pepper! <drooooooooooooool>

It's haunting me today!!:bigsmile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am going have to try to see what the hype is :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Love it love it! I buy the Sabra Roasted red pepper at Sam's club. A huge tub... LOVE it! :heart: And yes, it's awesome on tortillas, whole grain crackers, with veggies... yum!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had one of my Joseph's whole-grain and flax tortillas with the roasted red pepper hummus and I put 2 tbsp of tabboule salad on it too! That adds a nice flavor too! :wink:

But, I used up all my hummus! I was at the store too....and forgot to get more!:cry::cry:

Yes, I WILL make a special trip tomorrow! :blushing: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I got 2 different kids yesterday! Gonna go have some with carrots right now!! :glasses:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Ok, I must have tried a completely different kind of hummus a few months ago b/c it was horrible!:sick:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok, I must have tried a completely different kind of hummus a few months ago b/c it was horrible!:sick:

I had one in Tn when we went on vacation..YUCK!!! so some of them are not the same.

I love Sabra......pine nuts or roasted red pepper
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Can someone send me the good stuff?!:ohwell:
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    What does everyone eat with hummus?
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sabra, is also available at Costco.
    Hummus and carrots, I could eat a meal
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Hummus with arabic bread :) yummm!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    my fave is the lemmon dill hummus... yummmmm i love it with a pita bread to dip with :smooched:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I've only tried it on Reduced Fat Triscuit's. :love: :love:
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    I like homemade and then
    Sabra (creamy and thick)
    Athenos (fluffy)

I've had both the Sabra and Athenos and the Sabra is TO KILL FOR (Ahh soo very creamy) but...... i think it also has twice the calories as Athenos- 50 cal 2 tbs! Can't beat that!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I've had both the Sabra and Athenos and the Sabra is TO KILL FOR (Ahh soo very creamy) but...... i think it also has twice the calories as Athenos- 50 cal 2 tbs! Can't beat that!

I agree, the Sabra is so creamy, but a little higher in cals. The roasted red pepper and garlic are awesome! :heart:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread. Yummmmy. I'm also a hummus fanatic. Especially with peppers. I usually go for the tortillas or wheat thins.

And licking the knife tam....I am also guilty as charged!! :laugh:
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    Sabra is my favorite. I put 2 tablespoons on a piece of wasa oat cracker. I could just eat it with a spoon but that is bad!
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    there are a bunch of great hummus recipes out there...i usually used dried garbanzo beans instead of the canned ones....they cook up easily...and, i for the first time did roasted garbanzo beans last night and they were out of this world!!!...(yuckky this morning though..)...i go to a restaurant where they also make white and red bean hummus too...but i like the garbanzo beans best...and garbanzo beans are a great source of protein for those of us who are vegetarians...hope everyone has had a great day..