I want to gain weight, about 10-15lbs more

Hi, Im new to this site and Im at 168lbs now. 5'9, I want to get to 180lbs with muscles not fat. I work out 5 days a week, 60 mins per day.
Does this site show me what to eat ? How to do exercises ? I want to follow anything here but I dont know how or where to go to look. Please help ?

Replies

• ducoteycd
    ducoteycd Posts: 26 Member
    Hey welcome to MFP! First off you can minimize fat gain while bulking but inevitably, you will put on some fat pounds along with your hard earned muscle. And I would not follow what this site recommends for your macros at all. Customize them so that your protein is as close to your bodyweight as possible (so about 170g protein). Then I've had good results from having fat between 75-90g fat per day, but ultimately you have to tamper with it a bit to figure out what works for you. Now carbs are what's left, and you'll want a lot of carbs haha. I'm about the same size as you, just an inch or so shorter and like the same weight and I'm eating 400g carbs a day. All together I eat 3,250 kcals a day and I'm slowly gaining.

Just remember :
    protein = bodyweight
    Fat = ~75 or so
    And your carbs are however many grams you need to meet your total caloric goal
  • Wow 💕
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Spend some time on this site learning about
    Your diet, what training styles you prefer and then pick a suitable established routine.

The main take away is consistency, don’t expect to put on that amount of muscle in 6-12 months, your probably looking at a few years productive trainings least to reach a solid 180lb. Enjoy the journey don’t just focus on the end goal.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    8 year old post