30 Day Shred?

Options
What Dvd Is everyone using? I see everyone talking about it, but when i search for it, i see the one from 2008? Is that the right one!

What is is like? Is it hard? How long are the work outs? I really really want to tone my stomach!

Any advise would be great!!!!! thanks so much:smile:

Replies

• twinlikeme
    twinlikeme Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. It has 3 levels of workouts that are 20 minutes long. I haven't done it yet. I bought it yesterday and was so excited to get started, and then I realized I didn't have weights or a mat. So I'm starting today!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! It is the 2008 version-- I posted a link yesterday where you get it and the Shred it with weights dvd for $4.95 shipping and thats it...

Workouts are about 20-25 minutes... have to do it everyday... it isnt easy... but it isnt impossible.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have it. I don't do it every day. Sorry, but I get bored doing the same thing day after day. I think it's better to switch things up than to give up all-together. I do it 3-5 times a week.
  • MrsPike07
    Options
    Yep, thats the one. Comes as three workouts. Normally you do level one for 10 days, then move on to level two for 10 days...you get the picture. I find that it is challenging but so worth it! I love it! I have built up some serious muscles in my arms and my abs, not that I can see them yet under all this pudge but I know they are there! I say give it a try! :smile:
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just started it on Tuesday and I'm already loving it!! :smile:
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels is fantastic! Not sure when it came out though. The workout is a total of 28 minutes long including warm up and cool down. Your first 3 days will probably be the most difficult, stick with it and you will be great.

After I completed the 30DS I moved onto her Ripped in 30 workout. Again, another fantastic workout, even tougher than the Shred.

Have fun with it!
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yup that is it! It is a great workout!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have it - will admit i have not done it for a couple months though...i really felt the burn when i did it though - i believe the workout is something like 20 minutes if i remember correctly. I'm glad you posted this question - it reminded me i have it and i am going to start again, now that i am all recovered from my surgery!

she switches between cardio, abs and strength training pretty quickly so you wont get bored doing one thing for too long. the one i have is the 2008 also so i believe that is the one.

hope that helps!

Suzi
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Its a great workout!! i just finished a few days ago and got amazing results :) search "my 30 day shred results with pics" on MFP and u can see what im talking about..the first few days are brutal but push thru and youll see your body transform! 28mins from start to finish and log as cardio circuit training 20mins if you dont have a heart rate monitor.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    It is a great workout. It's kinda hard even just on the 1st level. I saw somewhere in the success stories a girl who completed it with pictures of before and after the 30 days...she looked great.

If you are looking for a workout that you CAN stick to then I would suggest it.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 3 of Level One and holy cow am I hurting today! For sure using some muscles that I haven't used in a looonnngg time!! It's an amazing workout and I mean come on who doesn't have 20 minutes to spare! I can't wait to see my results in 30 days! I took my measurements and weighed. I bought my dvd from Walmart for $9.67! Can't beat that price!! Good luck if you decide to do :)
  • karebear32505
    karebear32505 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    SO i went out today and rented it from the library! i am going to go ahead and start it tomorrow! i will be taking before and after pictures too!!!!!! YIPPEEE...I am so excited, i really hope this is the motivation that i need!