Breakfast bulk foods

Anyone have any good ideas or recipes for a quick healthy/bulk breakfast?
Currently doing 2 tbsp peanut butter, 80g oats milk and protein. But would like something different!!

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    What does 'healthy' mean for you?
    My breakfast consists of 40gr oats, 8gr raisins, 88gr skyr and whatever fresh fruit I have. It doesn't contain many highly processed foods, has vitamins, some protein, and fills me up for a while. But of course a breakfast of 261kcal is likely far too little for you, and you might prefer more proteins and/or fats.
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    Yeah I am after more calories. Just sometimes it's difficult to drink and not exactly amazing. I was just seeing what others had?
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Overnight oats are great if you're in a hurry. There are several different recipes on pinterest, etc., and you can search for "proats" for high protein overnight oats.

Smoothie bowls are another good, quick option: Plain greek yogurt, your choice of fresh or frozen fruit, a bit of sweetener and maybe some granola, nut butter or nuts/seeds.

You could also make a batch of egg omelet muffin cups or freezer breakfast burritos on the weekend that you could quickly reheat in the mornings.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    I make my husband breakfast burritos. I make them in bulk in the beginning of the week, and then all he has to do is grab one or two out of the fridge and heat them up for about a minute in the microwave. Each burrito consists of: one low carb wrap, two scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon (or ham if that's your thing), and shredded cheddar cheese. The high fat and protein and low carb formula helps keep him full for a long time.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Yeah I am after more calories. Just sometimes it's difficult to drink and not exactly amazing. I was just seeing what others had?

Before I got a food scale and realized just how caloric it was, my breakfast smoothie was peanut butter (supposed to be 2 T but more likely 3+), banana, chocolate protein powder, a raw egg, and for liquid half coffee and half almond Teeccino, an herbal coffee substitute. I'd usually make the coffee mix the day before and chill it, but it could also be made that AM and iced.

This was yummy and 500 calories easy.

These days I would also add soaked chia seeds for fiber.
  • truGAINS
    truGAINS Posts: 656 Member
    edited October 2021
    Cook with some kind of oil. I use avacado oil couple of tablespoons adds 375 calories to my eggs. I don't like to eat a whole lot so oils give me calorie boost.
    Swap from skim to whole milk....little things like that
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member

Swap out the peanut butter for full fat milk
    Pick some small 1kilo bags of protein and rotate.
    I’d eat the peanut butter off a spoon if I needed the extra cals. It all depends how much time you have in the morning to prepare food, for me it’s get the calories down me and out the door, on a weekend it’s full English breakfast as I have the time.

I look at most of my meals as fuel, just get it down
    But will always have nicely prepared evening meal
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    My higher calorie 'breakfast' shake is 2 cups of 2% milk + 8 ounces of black coffee + serving of protein powder + PB fit serving.

It's delicious and about 500 calories.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    This might be more work than you want, but what about an egg bake or casserole? You have to cook it the first time, but after that individual portions can be reheated. I use this recipe as a base: https://www.crazyforcrust.com/cheesy-sausage-egg-casserole/

I like that it uses cottage cheese (and it really does work texture wise - it's not lumpy or weird.) I have made it with a couple different kinds of meat, vegetables, and a combination of both. I will often eat it with the previous day's leftover veggies on the side.
  • basimmers
    basimmers Posts: 9 Member
    Anyone have any good ideas or recipes for a quick healthy/bulk breakfast?
    Currently doing 2 tbsp peanut butter, 80g oats milk and protein. But would like something different!!

My nutrition Dr recommended wheat or whole grain cereal ,I like raisen bran
  • 2022calendarDad
    2022calendarDad Posts: 3 Member
    I'll make 3/4 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt vanilla, slice a whole banana, about 15 red grapes and quarter cup of protein granola. 3 or 4 hard boiled eggs and a bagel with reduced fat peanut butter
  • Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    Have you tried blending together pb peanut butter powder, whey protein powder and a banana in water?