what do you think???

Options
My doctors office had a brochure from the "American Heart Association" about a 3 day diet plan. Its 3 days on then 4 days off then you go back to 3 days on 4 days off etc etc. After adding all the food into my log it comes out to just hit 1,000 calories if that a day. I thought I would give it a try but so far im not liking it. I am starving & have a headache!
Here is an example of one of the meals .... Am I the only one who thinks this isnt enough & its ridiculous?

NO SPICES EXCEPT SALT & PEPPER. DRINK WATER ALL DAY.

DAY 1 -BREAKFAST
1/2 grapefruit
1 toast with 2tsp peanut butter
black coffee or tea

DAY 1-LUNCH
1 toast with 1/2 cup tuna OR 1 slice cheese
black coffee or tea

DAY 1-DINNER
3 oz chicken or meat
1 cup carrots
1 cup greens
1 small apple
1 cup vanilla ice cream

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    if its not something you can stick with, then you should find something else. this doesn't seem like something that would be easy to stick with and you have to ask yourself...what happens when you go off this "diet"? what will have happened to your metabolism? how will you be able to eat "more normal" and not gain the weight back?
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming the menu you posted is for the 3 days on. I suspect that you will want to gorge yourself for the 4 days off. If you do that, this diet probably won't even work for as long as you can follow it. I suspect, instead, that for the 4 days off, you still have to eat sensibly...though less restricted.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look sustainable nor does it look like you'd get enough food in a day.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Why "no spices"? It doesn't make any sense. For that reason alone (not counting the fact I'd be starving after such a lunch), I'll say "fad diet".
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Spices are usually calorie free or very low cal. That just doesn't make sense.
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Spices are usually calorie free or very low cal. That just doesn't make sense.

this is what I mean! Why advertise something like this in a doctors office?
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    this is a crash diet. it's extremely similar to the ones people in the ED community do. it reminds me of my old eating plan.
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look sustainable nor does it look like you'd get enough food in a day.

I agree...what's to prevent your body from going into starvation mode for those 3 days? Then packing on all the food you'd eat on the 4 days off...just limit your calories everyday and eventually the weight will come off...!