Sober October

I've seen this in previous years and searched to see if anyone started a thread this year for it but I'm not seeing it.

Anyway... anyone want to join me for a sober October?

Replies

• QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    I'm in.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    I'm in.

Yaaaaaayyy!!!
  • bluesmanhart6679
    bluesmanhart6679 Posts: 55 Member
    This is my very first sober October; day 2 and I am worth it and I can do it!
  • spaynetahoe
    spaynetahoe Posts: 4 Member
    Yes! I had this same idea. Like minds :)
    Four days and going strong!!

We’ve got this :)
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    I'm doing it!
  • mef1107
    mef1107 Posts: 22 Member
    Im in... I'm 62 and have consumed a lot of alcohol over the years, which i'm sure has contributed to my weight gain. But now I have found alcohol consumption seems to exacerbate sore muscles to the point I can hardly move, the next day, so I'm cutting WAY back. I feel much better, now. I'm trying to eat more anti-inflammatory foods to begin a healing process of my liver and muscles. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • LoveyChar
    This is my very first sober October; day 2 and I am worth it and I can do it!

Yes, you are!!!
  • LoveyChar
    Yes! I had this same idea. Like minds :)
    Four days and going strong!!

We’ve got this :)

Yes, we do!!!
  • LoveyChar
    mef1107 wrote: »
    Im in... I'm 62 and have consumed a lot of alcohol over the years, which i'm sure has contributed to my weight gain. But now I have found alcohol consumption seems to exacerbate sore muscles to the point I can hardly move, the next day, so I'm cutting WAY back. I feel much better, now. I'm trying to eat more anti-inflammatory foods to begin a healing process of my liver and muscles. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm glad you're here. I am trying to eat better food, too, after September especially when I drank quite a bit too much. It creeps on and, although it's creepy season, that's the creep I don't want. Be gone bad choices and booze monster, in my case wine demon. But, definitely good that you're not drinking if it exacerbates already sore muscles. Good to give yourself a break...
  • LoveyChar
    Husband's coworker and his wife invited us over for a cookout last night. While the other three adults drank alcohol, I just drank water and still enjoyed the conversation and being outdoors. Still sober October!
  • LoveyChar
    8 sober October days
  • LoveyChar
    Second sober October weekend of this year, I hope everyone reading this is doing well.