How do I change my "target" calories for each day?

Options
I want to change the amount of calories I'm shooting for each day. How do I do that?

Replies

• AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think you have to have the premium version to do that?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I think it's a premium feature, but you can hack together a manual version by Quick Adding to reduce your remaining calories and creating a custom cardio exercise to increase them. I have one called "Banked Calories."

The way it works in practice is that each week, I prelog all of my meals and snacks Monday through Friday, then Quick Add my remaining calories rounded down to the nearest 100 so the diary doesn't show a huge amount remaining. I total up the number of calories I Quick Added each day M-F, then log that many Banked Calories under Exercise on the weekend so I have a little more room to play on Saturday and Sunday. Or other days of the week, like if I know I'm going to have something heavier for dinner one day or if my workout is going to be more intense I might allocate a few hundred leftover calories to that day. This week, for instance, I've Quick Added about 900 calories across 5 days, so I have an extra 450 each day to play with on Saturday and Sunday.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Not premium if you just want to set a static goal.

But it sounds like you want to vary, so ditto's to tip above - either a self made private food items for a number of calories, or a workout item of set calories.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Yes, what heybales suggested: create a custom workout where 1 minute equals 10 calories or whatever works best for you. If you want to eat 100 calories more you just log 10 minutes of this custom exercise. I'm not sure if you can log negative calories on exercise (I just tried: doesn't work on computer nor iOS app), but there are negative food entries in the database that might do the trick.