Body Sores...Severely Obese

Options
Does anyone else who is severely obese get these? i've noticed that since i got over 300 pounds, they are getting worse, but i have had them since i was about 10 years old and of a slightly chubby weight. i get them under my arms, inner thighs, under my tummy, and on and under my breasts. they resember really severe acne (but they aren't).

i can't seem to find any info about how to heal them (other than losing weight, but even then the extra weight doesn't cause them it only makes them worse) or any tips for making them less painful and more manageable? any tips would be fantastic.

Replies

• leafylee
    leafylee Posts: 56
    Options
    Does anyone else who is severely obese get these? i've noticed that since i got over 300 pounds, they are getting worse, but i have had them since i was about 10 years old and of a slightly chubby weight. i get them under my arms, inner thighs, under my tummy, and on and under my breasts. they resember really severe acne (but they aren't).

i can't seem to find any info about how to heal them (other than losing weight, but even then the extra weight doesn't cause them it only makes them worse) or any tips for making them less painful and more manageable? any tips would be fantastic.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    its more than likely a yeast infection..you need to see a doctor
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Have you gone to a doctor to see exactly what they are? A dermatologist may be able to give you a cream to use.
  • bumpn2
    bumpn2 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi. I am a student nurse and I would recommend that you go to the doctor and get tested for diabetes. This is a common problem for overweight diabetics whose sugar is not under control.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    id be intersted to see what a doc says about them. my ex (as of last week, thanks) BF had them in about the same areas. he is a 270+ guy and not very fit. he said they were ingrown hairs, but they seemed awful large for that.

sorry you have them sweet :flowerforyou: hopefully someone will have some good adivce - and ask your doc... :wink:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly what you mean, but sometimes skin that stays moist for too long (and it sounds like you get them in moist areas) can develop sores. Keeping the areas clean and well aired might help... :flowerforyou: I would definately see a doctor though!

Ack that wasn't helpful at all. :tongue: :embarassed:
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    it sounds like a yeast infection to me too...go see your doc and if it is fungul/yeast ask for nystatin powder...you should wash the area daily (more so if the wether is hot) with a mild hypoallergenic soap, dry it very well, and then apply that powder...i think you could also tuck a soft piece of cloth (may tear up an old t-shirt or sheet) in the areas that are affected - too keep the skin from touching and to prevent moisture...i hope you find a solution to this. best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I third that on the yeast infection..............

You need to see a doctor and if so, they need to put you on an Anti-Candida program to kill the yeast from the inside out or it will do no good to get a topical cream to put on the skin............
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Yes either a yeast infection.. or if you are totally stressed out it could be Shingles. Shingles are very painful and when it surfaces it resembles bumps like acne with white heads. See a Doctor before it gets any worse. Be well! :flowerforyou:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I suffer from yeast over growth...............

It makes stinky belly button, feet, body odor in general................

My skin itched, I was tired all the time, feeling depressed, etc............thought it was thyroid, but it was Candida.........

I couldn't stick with the diet though the Dr put me on, so I take a slew of probiotics and eat lots of yogurt with live and active cultures............

That seems to keep it at bay anyway.........
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware a yeast infection could go beyond the vigina area. I would definately see your doctor about it though.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yes a yeast infection can go beyond the vagina....in fact men can get them too.......if it is in moist areas, use baby powder for some relief, lay around in the buff after a bath or shower to be sure you are dry....wear cotton it breaths.....and powder....body powder helps. But go to a doctor regarding the yeast infection issue, cause this sounds like what it is.......similar to diaper rash, just not only on your tush. This is common with people who are obese and I would be lying if I didn't say I haven't had a bit of the issue myself (summer heat rash from thighs rubbin) I use powder....but yours sounds yeastish because of the moisture....

See your doctor and I am sorry you don't feel well :frown:
  • Annika
    Annika Posts: 55
    Options
    ....in fact men can get them too.......

And you can pass it back and forth between your partner and yourself. I had one that kept recurring and it wasn't until the doctor asked about us using protection and explained that we were passing it back and forth. Protection for both during sex, and whatever you doctor prescribes will clear it up in a couple of days!
  • Annika
    Annika Posts: 55
    Options

And you can pass it back and forth between your partner and yourself. I had one that kept recurring and it wasn't until the doctor asked about us using protection and explained that we were passing it back and forth. Protection for both during sex, and whatever you doctor prescribes will clear it up in a couple of days!
  • LeanLioness
    Options

We aren't talking about a typical yeast infection that is passed back and forth from sexual intercourse......

We are talking about total yeast overgrowth with in the whole body.................
  • leafylee
    leafylee Posts: 56
    Options

ha ha, you say this as though i actually HAVE sex...