Any women who have a LOT to lose (150+lbs)

Options
Hi all, so after a lot of denial and guessing I finally got on the scales today and I'm horrified to discover that I am 386lbs.. I'm 39 and 5ft 4 and a mum to 4 kids most of which are young adults now and I have just found out my eldest son is going to be a dad in April. I want to be here for my kids and my grandchild and it's time to stop neglecting myself and get healthy. If you are on a similar journey please add me I'd love to be able to encourage each other to stay focused because man is it hard when you have so much to lose!! Thanks if you got this far x

Replies

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome 😊

I have a long way to go too, just started again and down 5lbs in my first week and a half. I will add you once the add option works again
  • hildie58
    hildie58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CHONKYK I feel ya. Got on the scale this morning after ignoring it for a couple of weeks and it went up again. I'm half a lb from 250. Very disheartening. I have about 100lbs to lose. I usually don't have an issue getting started but keeping up is a different story. I know how to eat healthy and I don't mind but I get about 2 weeks into dieting and then I lose steam to keep up. Also I enjoy the flavor palette too much when it comes to cooking. I love to experiment w/flavor combos. Being a 1 person household and cooking for 1 presents even more challenges. I most likely overeat on healthy meals that I make. I come also from an era in which you cleaned everything off your plate and I do. I do want to lose the weight but moreover I want 'want-power' to keep going instead of giving up after 2 weeks. Maybe if I add myself here I will hold myself more accountable. Congrats to roz0810 in your 5lb loss.
  • itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started at 300 probably more like 320 and am down 58 lbs so far. I still have over 100 to lose. It's a tall order but little by little. You can do this!
  • bblue656
    bblue656 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have about 50 lbs to lose. I'm down 92 :)
  • PaulaGetFit2021
    PaulaGetFit2021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We are around the same weight.
    I started at 384 in August
    Currently 367 lbs
    Ultimately I would like to get to somewhere around 200lbs.
    Definitely struggling, like today I had quite a bit over my calorie limit but will get back on track tomorrow .
    I am 34 and 5ft 8.
    I have 5 kids and know I need to get healthy for them.

• fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hey, I started at the beginning of September at 322lbs and currently 304.5lbs. I’m also 5’4” tall and looking to get down to a reasonable weight under the 200lbs mark. I lost 80lbs last year doing MFP and then had a really nasty bereavement that knocked me off my wagon so I put most of it back on again. Here to do it properly this time. Will add you when possible or feel free to add me.
  • TAisHappierYay
    TAisHappierYay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm at 292 lbs, and am at ground zero. I haven't lost and haven't gained. I'm struggling.
  • CHONKYK
    CHONKYK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all I've tried adding everyone but the adding thing seems a bit dodgy, it's weigh in day tomorrow and I'm nervous hopefully the result will be encouraging! I hope everyone has had a good week x
  • raybabydog
    raybabydog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started off at 300ish and now I'm at 247 with a goal of 150 so I've still got quite a bit left to lose. One of my biggest motivators is that my brother is having a baby and I want to not only be a good role model but also be around for as long as I can.
  • donna3736
    donna3736 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello I I have been fighting the battle of the bulge since i was a teenager. I will never give up. i need alot of support. I am at 310 today. I was at 385 two years ago. I need my motivation back. I lost it along the way. Need friends to encourage me.
  • California_Rays
    California_Rays Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am currently 432 pounds. I started at 452 in September. I am incredibly motivated to get this weight off. I feel like for the size that I am, I should be losing weight quicker. I'm concerned there may be internal issues (hypothyroidism, etc). I'm waiting for everything. Waiting to see my doctor and have blood test done, waiting for a referral to a dietician, just waiting. I'm sticking with my eating plan even though it's difficult to see my family eat crap and lose weight or maintain. I'm working my butt off. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, but its hard.