Starting P90X today-Pushing Play

Options
Hello everyone. Im starting the 90 day challenge this evening. I was wondering if anyone else is doing the same and wanted to have someone to discuss different things throughout the 90 days. (ie. success, motivation, support, etc.) Anyone interested friend me or send me a pm.

Push play starting tonight.

Andrew

Replies

• mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It is awesome. The guy has a personality that makes you want to do the workout to the top of your potential. I am in week three, and finding myself sad that the exercises I have been doing for the past three weeks will be ending. I started not being able to do any pull up's and I can do three quarters of one now :)

Feel free to add me and hit me up with any questions.

My starting weight was 254, I am 5 9 +/- and 43 years old.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am starting P90X on the 24th so I can play! :o) I have a half marathon to run this weekend with one week off then I'm onto "X". I've done 2 months of this program before and I LOVE it. It's hard, but good!!
  • vdubmomma
    Options
    I started last week. So this is my second week. So far I love it. Was crazy sore though from the first week. Hopefully it gets better!~!
  • mcdonl
    Options
    I started last week. So this is my second week. So far I love it. Was crazy sore though from the first week. Hopefully it gets better!~!

It will :)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of it right now. The first week was sorta rough, but it gets easier each day as you get stronger. Just push through it. It's quite awesome.
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Hit me with a friend request if you need support...
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is my 7th week. I love it! it doesn't get boring b/c you are doing something different eachday. And each week you find your self pushing to get better, stronger. Do write down reps/weights/ it helps you to push further. I love that he has a good long stretch before each workout. And seriously, do not eat 1 1/2 before starting plyo, and do listen to him and if you are not ready, do cardio x. Many people have puked with plyo-not waiting before their food settles, and me, i've made a few spills doing plyo due to my bad knee. so I take it slow, and make sure I have good form. Good luck, its going to change your life!!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    That soreness...never quite goes away. It just begins to feel good. I've become a masochist from Insanity and P90X. I really want to start Asylum soon. Then an Asylum/P90X hybrid. Then...P90X2.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    That soreness...never quite goes away. It just begins to feel good. I've become a masochist from Insanity and P90X. I really want to start Asylum soon. Then an Asylum/P90X hybrid. Then...P90X2.

This stuff gets addicting doesn't it.

For those who are talking about soreness after your work outs, are you using a recovery drink afterwards?
  • mcdonl
    Options
    This stuff gets addicting doesn't it.

For those who are talking about soreness after your work outs, are you using a recovery drink afterwards?

I cured the soreness with a protein shake (Syntrax Nectar w/unsweetened almond milk) and 5g of Creatine (No loading phase, just right into maintance) and it works well... My performance increases each week but my soreness decreases.

And yeah, right things down... take your before measurements and pictures too because in about 3 weeks you are going to be doing the holy**** dance and wanting to compare.
  • vdubmomma
    Options
    I just got my recovery drink. So if I am not feeling sick still when I get off work I will do my video then drink the recovery drink, I heard they help alot! I am actually getting a copy of the nutrition guide tonight from a friend so now I can start to follow the diet as well!!!
  • mcdonl
    Options
    Thats awesome vdubmomma.... Good luck... PS - I have a 1973 Super Beetle in the garage.... if that is what your name means :)
  • vdubmomma
    Options
    Haha yes it does! We don't have any old ones my dad did, but I have an 2005 GLI in my garage. Some day I will own an oldie. Or a MK2 love those. :bigsmile:
  • tyrownp
    Options
    I'm in the middle of week 2, it is really good. But definitely get you a recovery drink and plenty of water.
  • MobileRanger
    Options
    Currently on week 2 of phase 2, guess that would be week 6. The first week about killed me, but now I look forward to working out every morning (except plyo-Tuesday, I have a love hate relationship with that workout). I am bigger, stronger, and feal 10x better than before I started working. Just keep pressing play. You'll love it.
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested in hooking up with a motivated group of P90X-ers, head on over to this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/324906-p90x-support-group

There are many of us doing the program, motivating and supporting each other, and most of us are currently in week 2 or 3. I'm in week 3. Seriously, it's a great group, and everyone is welcome.

BRING IT!!!
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I'll be starting on Monday (the 19th). Definitely looking for some motivation to stick with it!
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ending my 5th week, love it so far, as many said, it gets easier, and you get used to the workout, but you need to remember to push it, because you know the moves, it is easy to drift and push less.

Remember to up the weights when you need to, do the bonus rounds if you still have something left, jump higher, push!

you can add me as well if you want too,

Have fun!
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Has anyone started with Lean instead of classic?

My husband and I did most of the classic version in the spring/early summer but stopped for a couple of reasons (no pull up bar made chest & back difficult, and I *hated* plyo with a passion- could not handle all the jumping around!)

I'm wanting to get going again, but I was thinking of trying the Lean version first, and then maybe giving classic another try iat the beginning of Jan.
  • kellystjohn88
    kellystjohn88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 1 day 7 of the lean version and i really like it! I did the classic with my husband almost a year ago, and I think I'm sticking with this version for the whole 90 days!