How to log a prolonged fast to avoid losing your streak?

Options
Wondering what or if there are any tips on how to log your day when doing a prolonged fast (24-48hrs)? Fitness pal won’t allow a completed day below 50 calories (I can certainly understand their side in not allowing this in case someone is starving themselves on a daily basis)

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Literally all you have to do to maintain your login streak is visit the website/open the app, you don't have to close your diary or even open it for that matter. You don't have to close your diary at all actually, it doesn't do anything besides post to your timeline if you have that enabled and show you the BS message about "if every day were like today" (protip: there are more factors at play that made today like today than what you ate and how much you moved that the app can't and shouldn't be able to account for, don't put any stock in the number it gives you for what you'll weigh in 5 weeks).

But if you like closing your diary and/or find it motivating to have smoke blown up your *kitten* in that way, you can Quick Add however many calories (I think the cutoff is actually 1000, not 50) and then close it.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,365 Member
    Options
    You don't need to log food or close your diary/complete your day. Just logging in is enough.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Just open the app or website. It does not matter if log food or not - or if you complete your 'day' or not. It is a logging in streak, not a diary logging streak.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I haven't tracked food on this site for years, but I enjoy the fora. Just logging in to the boards keeps a streak going on my profile without logging a single crumb of food.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    matt_rodge wrote: »
    Wondering what or if there are any tips on how to log your day when doing a prolonged fast (24-48hrs)? Fitness pal won’t allow a completed day below 50 calories (I can certainly understand their side in not allowing this in case someone is starving themselves on a daily basis)

Your streak is a log in streak, not a logging streak. Just log into the app or website.
  • matt_rodge
    matt_rodge Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies guys, good information to know!
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Also, you don't have to hit the "complete entry" button at the bottom of the diary page. Whatever you have entered still stays in your diary for that day. If you want you log to show the days that you fasted, just make up your own "food" that says something like "successful fast" and 1 calorie. That way, you have a record of what you actually did, and you can tell that you fasted instead of just forgetting to enter your food for that day.