Come on with the "plus size" boots already. Geesh.

Options
Okay ladies (and dudes, if it pertains)...

WHERE does one find some cute boots? You know the kind - hit you about midcalf, all the skinny chicks are wearing them with jeans? I went to Lane Bryant last night - great store, all their stuff fits me exceptionally, but I went to try on the boots and it was a joke.

I tried to zip those mothers up and got about halfway up my ankle and was like "... are you serious?" Repeat about 5x with other boots. I'm 5'3" and have really athletic calves (thanks, dad!) - like 22" at the widest point, maybe a bit less. Any of you guys know of any places that sell fabulous boots for girls like moi? Got a birthday party tonight, and wanted some cute ones!

Replies

• thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Torrid has some cute ones and they used to fit me when i had pretty big calves. Too bad my boots from them now fall down my leg because my calves are smaller. They have very cute shoes (and clothes) a little pricey though :/
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    http://www.widewidths.com/

A bit pricey, but I have extra big calves, and they're wonderful.
  • angiemb87
    angiemb87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @thunt1990 :: Torrid is a good idea, but I gotta ask you, how did you get your calves smaller? Ugh, mine ar ethe size of a Greco-Roman City-State, and it bugs me because my thighs are shrinking in size but I've still got these huge battering ram calves, and they don't feel like fat, they feel like the only thing on my body that's made of steel! grrrr
  • Fockertots
    Options
    Torrid is a great store for plus size shoes. I know just how you feel too...

Maybe try Alloy catalog? Sometime Maurice's has some that seem to be bigger.

If you find some that work, let me know because I'd LOVE to get some too

:]
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Check online at Jessicalondon.com, avenue.com or onestopshopping.com or google "Wide calf boots". I think most of the sites tell you what sized calf it fits.

it is my DREAM as I get skinnier to fit into sexy boots without my football player calves!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Woops, should have read that you have to go to a party tonight. I'm sorry, dear!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you are 5'3" it could be that the boots are proportioned for taller women.... I often have difficulties finding boots that fit because I'm 5'2" and my calf bumps out a couple inches closer to my ankle than someone's who is taller.... so the boots are not cut to accomodate all that calf at that point, and they won't zip up. Even if my measurement at my widest point should fit in the boot based on its measurements. It's the curse of being a short curvy person.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I got a really cute pair at Lane Bryant, and they have even more selections this year. I am 5 2 1/2 with very muscular legs, and these have plenty of room.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Torrid torrid torrid.

Naturalizer also has some "wide calf" boots.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I know of a few people who actually found cute boots with wider calves at payless last year
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    Thanks, guys! :D I'm going to try Avenue after work, and Torrid is right down the street from the Lane Bryant I go to. Sounds like I'm gonna get my shop on! I'll let you know how I make out! :D
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Try a store with more selection. I have been a dancer my whole life so even when I was thin this was an issue for me. At Macy's I bought a black dressy pair that has leather in the front, neoprene fabric in the back and zips up the side. I also have a pair of fry and a pair of uggs - those just slip on.
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @thunt1990 :: Torrid is a good idea, but I gotta ask you, how did you get your calves smaller? Ugh, mine ar ethe size of a Greco-Roman City-State, and it bugs me because my thighs are shrinking in size but I've still got these huge battering ram calves, and they don't feel like fat, they feel like the only thing on my body that's made of steel! grrrr

LOTS of Running slimmed mine down thank god. It used to make me so mad when boots at the store wouldnt fit. Also jumping rope helps!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You could also look into something like this that can be used with any boot. They have plain black and brown ones as well as animal print.
    http://bootband.com/index.html

yhst-16447548031271_2172_605085
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! :D I'm going to try Avenue after work, and Torrid is right down the street from the Lane Bryant I go to. Sounds like I'm gonna get my shop on! I'll let you know how I make out! :D

If torrid does not have them instore check their website
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking. I feel your pain! Even at my thinnest, I had trouble with boots and my calves! I'll have to look at all the suggestions here and do some shoppin'!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Bought fantastic boots from Torrid online on sale last month!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Try womanwithin.com.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You could also look into something like this that can be used with any boot. They have plain black and brown ones as well as animal print.
    http://bootband.com/index.html

yhst-16447548031271_2172_605085
    awww, even this won't work for me. I'm like a half inch too big for standard boots. I can get them ALMOST zipped. This might make them too big. But it's worth a shot, perhaps...
    Then plus sized boots are freaking huge on my calves. I'm forever stuck in the middle of sizes...
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    Whoah! That Boot Band thing seems worth checking out! That's a fabulous idea!