• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs?
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and fruit combo
    canned springwater tuna with copped sweet or green onion + vinegar, salt & pepper; can add some cucumber for more volume
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
    Cheese
    Sausages/Jerky (shelf stable meat essentially)
    Hummus/Veggies
    Cottage Cheese with fruit like some people eat, but I love it with fresh ripe tomatoes or sweet/spicy pickle chips
    Tuna (canned) - make a quick tuna salad, with boiled egg, some mayo, vinegar.
    Nuts - I keep lots of different dried fruit/nut mixes around
    Kodiak waffles w/peanut butter
    Kodiak also makes like...'mug cake' type things
    Roasted chickpeas
    Chia pudding
    Edamame

Protein bar
    Protein shake
    Other protein-based snacks like Hippeas (I found basically what looked like and had the texture of Cheetos at Kroger and they contain plant based protein)
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    Skyr
    Ham
    Cooked chicken slices
    Boiled eggs
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    This is a good source for any question involving calorie-efficient protein, though I admit I'm flexible about what I'll eat as a "snack":

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

In addition to specific items listed above, I like crispy broad beans (I buy the Bada Bean Bada Boom ones by Enlightened, though other brands exist), and jarred lupini beans.

Cheeses vary in calorie efficiency, and reduced fat cheeses vary in tastiness/texture, so that can be worth some label-reading and experimenting.

Nuts and nut butters are not high in protein, for the calories.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Seapoint Farms makes roasted edamame that is a great portable snack that is both high protein and high fiber. It can be tricky to find, though. If you're in the States, the first place I actually discovered it was a the checkout at TJ Maxx where they sometimes have snacks displayed. I have found it at one of the large , more locally-based grocery store here, but not the chain. You can also order online at vitacost.com, and can probably find some of the higher protein snacks there as well.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Just plain old dairy milk (reduced fat/skimmed) packs a heck of a protein whallop, too. It's not chicken or anything but it's pretty good.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i do beef jerky or protein bars as a high protein low/moderate calorie snack.