New Here

Options
I just started. All of my friends are doing Weight Watchers, but I don't have the money for that. I had my second baby 11 months ago and I need to get my body back! I am 34 years old and have never struggled with staying thin, until now! I really don't like to exercise, but I am going to push myself. I would like to lose about 15 pounds by Novemeber. Everytime I have tried in the past, I'd go down one or two and then back up and that's it. My biggest problem is not seeing the immediate benefits, so I have decided to focus on the good feeling I get after working out, and just feeling proud of myself. These small immediate responses just might be what I need to keep it up this time! If anyone else is out there going it alone, maybe we could link up on here and do it together. If we keep checking in on each other we can both be more successful!

Replies

• drizzella
    Options
    Welcome! I too used to do Weight Watchers, which is a great program, but you are right, it's expensive. I too am struggling with my weight after baby #2, but of course, she is 3 years old now. At first, I got lazy and now this year, I have really decided to kick it into gear. Making small changes, will help. I found the app being on my phone so helpful too. It keeps me accountable if I have to track everything I eat. You don't realize that things have so many calories and you may not have really enjoyed it. I am working on planning better.
  • kuteme
    kuteme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome, MFP has been helpful and i'm sure it will be to you too.
  • BeastieGirl
    Options
    Hi,:smile:
    I think you already have a fantastic attitude in that you know your weaknesses (expecting quick results) and you've worked out a way to stay motivated, by concentrating on that great post-workout feeling, so well done already!

My advice would be to stay off the scales if you can, or at least limit your weigh-ins. Don't weigh yourself every day and make getting fit and healthy your goal, not weight loss. In the process you will probably lose weight, or you may not, but I guarantee your body shape will change for the better, which will make you feel good

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend
  • herillusion
    herillusion Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You will be very happy that you did join MFP because the people are supportive and encourage you. I also found that its so nice to record what you eat and how much you exercise to have it on your mind. :)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.

Millisa