Is my whole week shot?

Options
so here's the deal....I did great all day and week(I started on the 6th) but my dad was in town today and needless to say the wine was flowing and the food was endless....we went to a great medeteranian rest. which served us fresh fish and grilled octopus and fresh vegetables, but I drank more wine then I should have :/ and I snacked on LOTS of cheese and nuts and olives before dinner. I really don't even want to enter the calories.

What do I do??? should I ignore it and move on? should I double my workout tomorrow? Help......

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    so here's the deal....I did great all day and week(I started on the 6th) but my dad was in town today and needless to say the wine was flowing and the food was endless....we went to a great medeteranian rest. which served us fresh fish and grilled octopus and fresh vegetables, but I drank more wine then I should have :/ and I snacked on LOTS of cheese and nuts and olives before dinner. I really don't even want to enter the calories.

What do I do??? should I ignore it and move on? should I double my workout tomorrow? Help......
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i would just ignore it and move on!!!!
    you could work out double tomorrow i always just decide depending on my mood that day :laugh:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Why would your whole week be shot?

If you continue to eat/drink like that for the rest of the week, then yes, this week will be shot.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i would just ignore it and move on. I have days like that, today for instance, and just get back on track tomorrow!! Take it as a learning experience and move forward!

Good Luck!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    When things like that happen to me I will write the day off. Enjoy it for the nice meal you had with your father. Tomorrow is another day. You aren't on a diet you have just changed the way you eat and exercise. Tomorrow you should get back on track with your food and exercise. You have to have days where you eat anything you want. But you need to work towards more days where you eat like you should. In the past I used to eat bad every day now I will splurge every now and then. You can do this.
  • pigletfraggle
    Options
    Every day is a new start, the whole week definitely isn't shot. We have all been there where we have gone a little overboard, but a new day means a new start. just stick with your calories tomorrow.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else in saying that your whole week is not shot! I would ignore it and move on. If you feel like working out extra hard tomorrow, then by all means do so...but I wouldn't stress about it. One of my favorite things to do is going out to eat with girlfriends. So I give myself one day a week to splurge. I tend to just ignore that day when it comes to calorie counting. And this NEVER ruins my whole week as long as I get back on track the next day.

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    When I have a day like that, I go ahead & log as much as I can remember. Chances are it wasn't as bad as you think. Just work it off - get back on the wagon this week. Be extra careful & you'll be fine.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Personally I would enter the calories the best I could in order to remain accountable..if you dont enter them then its kind of saying what you know wont hurt you..but in fact it does to some degree emotionally at least. Good luck........also it doesnt hurt to boost your workout ..not because of fear of gaining weight but the whole point in having a healthy lifestyle is learning to enjoy workouts..a challenge is always good ...