Zumba- How Many Calories Burned?

Options
I didn't see Zumba specifically in the database. What are you using to calculate calories burned?

Thanks,
Caryn

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com I think it is
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a bodybugg and I would burn around 350 in an hour, sometimes more, sometimes less. The best way to tell is by wearing a HRM or bodybugg.
  • LeslieReagan
    Options
    yup, adjones5 is right. that's usually what i use!
  • mandcane
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor. Typically in a 60 minute session I burn about 500 calories. My instructor burns about 750.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i work superhard and im always sweating buckets, so i do 10 calories per minute, if im not working super hard then i do 5 calories per minute, rather be on the lower side with exercise than too much
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a bodybugg and I would burn around 350 in an hour, sometimes more, sometimes less. The best way to tell is by wearing a HRM or bodybugg.
    I use a heart rate monitor. Typically in a 60 minute session I burn about 500 calories. My instructor burns about 750.

How much did you two weigh at the time? I am just curious how the burn matches up to the Zumba calories website mentioned above.
  • amandadavis71
    amandadavis71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

this site is good !!
  • robersonj
    robersonj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM with a chest strap. It is the only way to get accurate calorie burns. The sites are always wrong because they don't know how much effort you put into it. For instance, one day I did my regular routine and only burned 165 calories because I was super tired, when most of the time I burn closer to 300. But had I not known how many calories I burned, I may have went over on food without wanting to. You can get a decent one for not too much. I paid $26 for mine and it came with a chest strap.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I didn't see Zumba specifically in the database. What are you using to calculate calories burned?

Thanks,
    Caryn

It is going to depend on how much you weigh and the intensity of your class. I use the www.zumbacalories.com website to get my estimation. I weigh over 200 lbs. and my workout is between moderate and high intensity. I burn between 750 and 850 calories per hour.